Tarasenko jersey - where to buy?

STL Blues Fan

Have you e-mailed JB to ask if the nameplate he's selling will match the jersey you're going to buy? If he says yes, your problems are solved. Even if it's not a match, you can still get a correct kit from Liebe and send it to EPS for stitching. You wouldn't have to worry about any font inaccuracies like the ones Flyhighguys and I experienced because the kit will already be correct. My problems with EPS may not be as relevant as his because my Blues jerseys were older ones, not Edges. Just for example, though, my 2006/07 6100 was sent back to me with the older Custom Crafted number font (pre 2004 lockout), as in the first picture. I sent it back and they remade the 7 to make it more like the correct Liebe (post 2005) font, as in the second picture.

image_zps7add7c7c.jpg

Corrected:

image_zps28e3c6a6.jpg

My biggest issue was the measurements, that's what got me. When I compared a Blues done by EPS and one done by Liebe in person it was enough to bother me...and for anyone who knows me I am cool with Stahls kits lol. That's saying a lot. EPS made all the numbers too skinny and it just didn't look up to par to me. I can get over issues like stacked twill vs reverse kiss cut and stuff but when the numbers are far too skinny it just doesn't look right. I'd go Liebe when it comes to Blues. Call and ask them if they can make the kit and send it to you, then send your kit and jersey to Brilliant!, he does great stitching work for many members here (myself included).

If you do give LIebe a call could you please relay your information here. Another member told me they quoted him $55 for the whole customization job with us providing the nameplate. So I'm curious to know if they can just make a kit and send it out and how much it would be. That would determine if I get a Blues jersey or not.

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone interested I just noticed that Icejerseys is now selling Edge Blues jerseys. I'm assuming it's the 2.0 as it says "made in Canada" versus the indo-Edge.

Looks like they also have Kings Home, Flyers Home, and Tampa Thirds too

I haven't checked every team but it seems like they're finally starting to stock some new ones!

You can search EDGE in the search bar on the home page and then set the filter to Jerseys and it will show you all the teams jerseys at a quick glance.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of things with Liebe that may help those out who are thinking of using them for Blues jerseys.

They offer pro twill numbers, which is what most retail stores use, for $55. Or you can use the stretch twill for $75 and this is what the Blues actually use on the ice.

Another difference is Liebe puts the letters on the players names really tight together, almost touching. No other retail shop is going to do this. I have a Tarasenko from icejerseys and the letters are much more spread out than what Liebe does. But if you look at the player worn jerseys the letters are very tight whether the name is long like a "Tarasenko" or short like "Backes". Both are very tight and I've never seen any other jersey retail place match that

Edited by indoor living

• 3 months later...

So i'm looking to send a jersey to Liebe now and just got this email from the lady i've been talking to:

"The team uses a stretch material so that they can get over the pads. We do the Blues team jerseys here so I know exactly what they use on the ice, But I do not use this material for off the ice jersey's being that it is far more expensive. We use a regular twill material that looks much like it only it does not stretch.

We put the numbers on the back and shoulders and the name on the back. Usually we place directly on the jersey but since you have a nameplate we will use that.
If there is something I am missing please let me know and I will see what else I can do."

Has anyone ever sent their stuff to Liebe and gotten the Stretch twill? I am waiting to see if I have that option but it doesn't look like I will at this point. I asked in my email that the above was a response to if they had different tiers of customization as I wanted the on ice customization.

Edited by Hollywood Cannon

Yup I got the stretch twill. It's a bit more rough than standard twill.

They don't normally keep edge nameplates there so you have to provide your own.

Top notch group of people at Liebe. Great turn around times as well.

Yup I got the stretch twill. It's a bit more rough than standard twill.

They don't normally keep edge nameplates there so you have to provide your own.

Top notch group of people at Liebe. Great turn around times as well.

He is providing them an edge nameplate.

Did you have to ask for the stretch twill?

I'm in the process of getting this all done and this is what i ended up getting back in reply-- i provided the nameplate and asked on my note that it be customized just like on-ice jerseys are

"Hi Sergio,

Your order is headed to production and yes, the twill will be stretch. Please give me a call with your payment info. The jersey should be ready to ship the first of next week at the latest."

Just figured i'd also note that it arrived at their location on Monday so they're definitely getting it out fast

Since i have another blank i also inquired about fitting another name on the plate i gave them so she asked the guys to save the leftover plate and use the first batch 'efficiently' i guess

Edited by FlyersFan376