Tarasenko jersey - where to buy?

STL Blues Fan

I'm going to order a new Tarasenko home Blues jersey and I was wondering if u guys recommend I just get it from ice jerseys or is there somewhere else I should get it from? This is the one I was thinking of ordering... http://www.icejerseys.com/products/Vladimir-Tarasenko-St-Louis-Blues-Reebok-201415-Premier-Replica-Home-NHL-Hockey-Jersey-p31908/

Thanks in advance for any help! :)

Are you looking for a replica or an authentic?

The one you linked seems a bit expensive for a lettered replica. For the replica I'd recommend getting it blank (this guy has them for $109) and sending it to Exclusive Pro Sports; they charge $60 for the lettering.

If your looking for replicas (if you have a little patience), you can get them a lot cheaper than $109. Try SportsK

Any good, reputable company like IceJerseys will sell you a legit official product. The main difference between all of them, besides the price, will be the quality and accuracy of the customization job. I don't know for a fact that IceJerseys will letter the Tarasenko exactly as it looks in the picture, but if they do, I can see that the back numbers are not wide enough, and there are some minor inaccuracies in a few of the diagonal cuts on the numbers. Most lettering companies are bound to have similar inaccuracies in their customization, and some will be worse than others. If you don't see anything wrong and would be happy with the lettering as it appears, then you should be fine. But if you care as much as most of us here about having the lettering as identical as possible to what is on the team jerseys, then I would suggest, as others already have, that you get a blank jersey and send it to The Liebe Company, the official team letterer of the Blues.

I am not by any means trying to pick on Exclusive Pro Sports, as they continue to be my general customizer of choice, but like everyone else, they are not perfect and will do some jersey styles better than others. I have had 3 different Blues jerseys sent to them, and all 3 came back with at least one mistake, despite my including photos of the exact same gameworn jersey as a guide. So I wouldn't assume they or anyone else would customize this Blues jersey 100% accurately. Liebe would be your best bet to get it right.

Thanks,

Ok, I called The Liebe Company and I may go that root but they dont sell the name plate for the back and said I would have to provide my own or they will sew it directly onto the jersey. Can somebody tell me where I would be able to buy that name plate for the new Blues home jersey? I would also be interested in getting one for the 3rd jersey if they can redo just the name on my Shattenkirk jersey. Thanks!

Idk if I'd want to do that. I can't just buy the nameplate material from somewhere?

Edit:

Just because I'd spend just as much on the shirt to make it not cost effective and I don't really know what shirt for the material to be the same for sure.

Edited by STL Blues Fan

Only way you (as a consumer) get matching plate material (stretch mesh) for an Edge jersey is either to:

1.) Buy and butcher an authentic jersey for its back material

2.) Use a lettering house that has stretch mesh for plates and is willing to use it for your jersey

3.) See if a lettering house is willing to sell you a blank stretch mesh plate

And that's basically it. There's a large number of members on this board who have had trouble in getting matching plate material for their edge jerseys, because Reebok/CCM/Sport Maska have trademarked the stretch mesh design, and accordingly have monopoly supply, for which they charge highly inflated amounts.

If you're going to buy a replica anyway, it won't do much to boost its value if you use a stretch mesh plate or an air-knit plate or a Star-knit plate... as long as it's some sort of hockey jersey material in a matching color. That, and Indonesian-made replicas do not use the same materials. It's good that you're concerned about accuracy, but I'd advise you to save this battle for another jersey, like a team-stock one.

Edit: Moral of the story here: see if you can find a pre-cut plate that matches the Blues' new jersey. Some members might have some. I ended up hassling a local lettering supplier for some material when I had my old Blues shirt done-up.

Edited by AngeloS76

Thanks for all your input guys. I decided I could not really tell a difference at all myself from ice jerseys customization and photos of the players I was looking at. It also seemed like a hassle trying to get the name plate which I did not want to do at this time. I also used a coupon code I found online so it was not that full price. If you guys want I will post photos when it comes in in a couple weeks? Can't wait to get it!!! :) I'm thinking of contacting that exclusive pro sports place though and letting them redo the name plate on my Shattenkirk 3rd jersey. I'll probably wait until this jersey gets here though.

I would go with EPS on this one. The only real issue I have had with them on Blues jerseys is incorrect placement of captain's letters on the previous Edges. Also, what appears to be the middle layer of lettering on the Blues jerseys is actually the top. IIRC this is called semi-reverse kiss cut. If you are looking for absolute accuracy, be sure to ask for it.

Thanks for all your input guys. I decided I could not really tell a difference at all myself from ice jerseys customization and photos of the players I was looking at.

Just keep in mind that when you see a photo of a jersey with a Photoshopped-on customization, it means next to nothing as to how the finished product will look. I always ask to see a photo of a real lettered jersey if that's my only point of reference.

At any rate, glad you made a decision and here's hoping your finished product looks great! Too bad you don't have the jersey to wear after his ridiculous goal last night.

I can say from experience that only Liebe customized Blues jerseys will look correct. If your not a stickler it'll be fine, especially since you got a discount. This is in no way a knock against you or anything but I would only own Blues jerseys with work done by Liebe from here on out. Blues use stretch twill and have a specific font pattern that only Liebe can get correct. I owned a Blues 2.0 customized by EPS and got rid of it shortly after acquiring it because EPS didn't get it close.

Just keep in mind that when you see a photo of a jersey with a Photoshopped-on customization, it means next to nothing as to how the finished product will look. I always ask to see a photo of a real lettered jersey if that's my only point of reference.

At any rate, glad you made a decision and here's hoping your finished product looks great! Too bad you don't have the jersey to wear after his ridiculous goal last night.

Well I'll post photos when it comes in. Suppose to ship by next Wednesday. Do they ever ship early? That goal was awesome though!!! Wonder who does the customizing for the jerseys sold in the true blues store inside the stadium and at St. Louis dugout in South County Mall?

Edit: Nevermind if they ever ship early. I already just got shipping notification a full week early!!!

Edited by STL Blues Fan

• 2 weeks later...

I can say from experience that only Liebe customized Blues jerseys will look correct. If your not a stickler it'll be fine, especially since you got a discount. This is in no way a knock against you or anything but I would only own Blues jerseys with work done by Liebe from here on out. Blues use stretch twill and have a specific font pattern that only Liebe can get correct. I owned a Blues 2.0 customized by EPS and got rid of it shortly after acquiring it because EPS didn't get it close.

Yes I agree I would go with Liebe

I got a North Stars jersey from IJ back when I first signed up here. The customization was not perfect but it was a very nice job, and they came very close.

I'm buying an Edge 2.0 of the new home Blues jerseys and want to get Tarasenko put on it. I'd love to go the Liebe route but I to would have trouble coming up with a nameplate.

How would sending it to icejerseys and be customized turn out?

If you send it to IJ it will most likely turn out just like the jersey posted right above.

If you want authentic lettering and also an Edge nameplate, you can order just the lettering kit from Liebe, then send the kit and jersey to Exclusive Pro Sports for stitching, and they will provide an Edge plate for you. They seem to be the only major customizer that stocks just about every color of Edge nameplate material.

I'm okay with IJ customization but would the nameplate look dumb on the Edge jersey if IJ uses Premier material for the nameplate?

I found this. Would this nameplate work? It doesn't say its for the Blues jerseys but it looks like it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROYAL-EDGE-NAME-BAR-NAMEPLATE-MATERIAL-HOCKEY-JERSEYS-APPROX-4-x-22-/291089710991?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43c64c7f8f

That will work for, New York Islanders and the tampa bay lightning thirds from the previous seasons...how do I know? Because I bought three from JB and they match 100%. However I am not sure if it will work for the blues...

Any good, reputable company like IceJerseys will sell you a legit official product. The main difference between all of them, besides the price, will be the quality and accuracy of the customization job. I don't know for a fact that IceJerseys will letter the Tarasenko exactly as it looks in the picture, but if they do, I can see that the back numbers are not wide enough, and there are some minor inaccuracies in a few of the diagonal cuts on the numbers. Most lettering companies are bound to have similar inaccuracies in their customization, and some will be worse than others. If you don't see anything wrong and would be happy with the lettering as it appears, then you should be fine. But if you care as much as most of us here about having the lettering as identical as possible to what is on the team jerseys, then I would suggest, as others already have, that you get a blank jersey and send it to The Liebe Company, the official team letterer of the Blues.

I am not by any means trying to pick on Exclusive Pro Sports, as they continue to be my general customizer of choice, but like everyone else, they are not perfect and will do some jersey styles better than others. I have had 3 different Blues jerseys sent to them, and all 3 came back with at least one mistake, despite my including photos of the exact same gameworn jersey as a guide. So I wouldn't assume they or anyone else would customize this Blues jersey 100% accurately. Liebe would be your best bet to get it right.

Can you guys elaborate more on EPS's quality on the Blues jerseys. I just can't see myself coming up with a nameplate to be able to send it to Liebe.

Were the mistakes they made big ones or...? Is it worth it to send to them?