Henrik Lundqvist Authentic Team Sweden Jersey - Foul or no?

BanthaBeard

I've been after a Nike Flo knit Sweden jersey for a while, as it would be perfect for slapping a World Cup of Hockey patch on the left breast.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161448721300?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

But what has stopped me pulling trigger is an issue with the fact I'd definitely want to keep it as a Lundqvist. And with that in mind I have two options, so far as I can tell:

1) Make it a 2004 World Championships jersey (wore #35 but good luck getting hold of the advertisement patches for the sleeves)

2) Add a 2004 World Cup of Hockey patch and change the number to 30

But here's the thing; Hank was the third string goalie that tournament and never hit the ice, but it's a fair assumption that he would have been issued a blue sweater for the tournament.

So, foul or not? A jersey that was never worn on the ice and as far as I know has never even been seen but it's a fair assumption existed at some point.

Anyone else have a similar jersey in their collection?

I haven't seen a picture of him in blue. His media day profile shot was in yellow for the 2004 WCOH. I'm not sure if you have your heart set on blue, or if size matters to you since the jersey you linked to is larger, but I have blanks in both blue and yellow that I would be willing to sell if you're interested.

Edited by slimcutta

Foul or not, I've dealt with that seller before and he's a stand-up guy if that eases your mind.

Edited by slimcutta

thats not a goalie cut jersey, or else it would have a G next to the 58. So if youre insinuating it might be a team issue for him , its not. Might have been a team issued authentic but who knows .. Nike did and does alot of weird crap.

No, I figured it was just a retail, as from what I can tell he only wore that jersey in the '04 WC (no arm patches) and the WCOH (wrong number, no tournament patch).

Floknit jerseys for me are the best around, and as I want to add a Sweden I'd rather one of these than a Swift.

Thanks for the spot though.