Insurance for jersey collection in Canada

Carl

Hey guys

I apologize if this topic has been covered before, but I've been trying to find a company that would provide insurance for my collection in Canada, without any success.

Any advice on what is available?

I am going thru this mess with TD insurance there policy that we have has no limitations on content ,I had a flood and lost a lot of signed framed items ,cards and jerseys and know they say the price I have listed . STAY CLEAR OF TD INSURANCE

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering if anyone insures their collection, even outside of Canada.

I've decided to look into it with my homeowner's here shortly. I don't own any gamers or anything, but with as large as the collection has become, those $200-500 per pop really add up.

Has anyone here besides Cowboys ever had to make a claim?

I saw a couple of guys in here make a few notes, but wondering if anyone else has anything to add.

Edited by blurryhaze312

The thing is how you can place a value on something that is sentimental? Why would an insurance company pay you 10k for a Crosby game-worn jersey unless this is what you paid for and have a reciept.

Thy wouldn't, unless you could otherwise prove its value.

The thing is how you can place a value on something that is sentimental? Why would an insurance company pay you 10k for a Crosby game-worn jersey unless this is what you paid for and have a reciept.

My insurance told me that 300.00 for an edge 2.0 was way off market value they will get you a knock off at 150.00 as they no no difference . I am getting all my jerseys apprased

That is false as we all know jerseys have the potential to increase in valve and you will never get that opportunity if its loss to water/ Fire damage .If you paid 200,00 for a Kings Burger Authentic Jersey are you expecting 200.00 back or are you thinking that jersey good get up to $$$$$ Know ????

Maybe if and when any one lives thru it you will not think its a JOKE .

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Cowboys :( I'm sure Guam meant no ill will toward you. How bad was your flood. I usually keep all my jerseys on a stable coat rack so I figure you must have had a pretty substantial flood if it damaged jerseys and signed memorabilia. Wishing you all the luck with recovering your losses from your insurance.

I've been a member just over a year and I've yet to see Guam post anything that wasn't tongue in cheek. Getting offended by one of his posts is like believing your 90 year old grandmother's opinion that your music is too loud.

Thanks mine were on a rack as well and my signed framed items were on the wall of my rec room ,the flood occurred on my top floor of our home and worked its way to the main floor and then to the basement as the water war running for a few days ,

Thanks mine were on a rack as well and my signed framed items were on the wall of my rec room ,the flood occurred on my top floor of our home and worked its way to the main floor and then to the basement as the water war running for a few days ,

From the sound of that I'd imagine jerseys were only part of your problems thereafter.