2015 SS at Levi's Stadium

Kingofkings

The black hem line on the Kings jersey really ties it together. Forget the two crowns on the neckline.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It strikes me that the league/ Reebok put "Levi's Stadium" on the patches. On my phone here so I can't exactly comb through patches, but outside of Philly in 2012, I can't think of another outdoor game played in an outright sponsored stadium. Did the Winter Classic patches there have any reference to Citizen's Bank Park?

Not blow anything out of proportion, but there's some element of as creep to this in my eyes.

Last year's SS patch had no stadium IIRC. If you are making a special jersey commemorating a special event that was based entirely on the venue (otherwise Kings vs Sharks is a good game but not a special event), I have no objection to including a reference to the venue.

Last year's Stadium Series patches had the host cities listed on them. Same with the Winter Classic patches which also incorporate location details into them. Like the Liberty Bell, Wrigley scoreboard and Fenway facade and so forth.

That's right, I forgot the city name was on there. Doesn't change my opinion, though, if my Devils SS had a reference to Yankee Stadium, I'd think that was pretty cool.

It strikes me that the league/ Reebok put "Levi's Stadium" on the patches. On my phone here so I can't exactly comb through patches, but outside of Philly in 2012, I can't think of another outdoor game played in an outright sponsored stadium. Did the Winter Classic patches there have any reference to Citizen's Bank Park?

Not blow anything out of proportion, but there's some element of as creep to this in my eyes.

Heinz Field in 2011... Citizens Bank Park in 2012... BC Place in 2014... (none of which had distinct name references to the stadiums).

There's been a few, and we have three more coming up next year... Gilette Field, TCF Bank Stadium, and Coors Field.

Heinz Field in 2011... Citizens Bank Park in 2012... BC Place in 2014... (none of which had distinct name references to the stadiums).

There's been a few, and we have three more coming up next year... Gilette Field, TCF Bank Stadium, and Coors Field.

Can't believe I blanked on Heinz Field. Don't drink and internet.

If they didn't put 'Levi's Stadium', then what would you put on it's place? Game isn't being played in San Jose, do you put Santa Clara? Bay Area? Silicon Valley? Northern California? Hell I don't know, lol

If they didn't put 'Levi's Stadium', then what would you put on it's place? Game isn't being played in San Jose, do you put Santa Clara? Bay Area? Silicon Valley? Northern California? Hell I don't know, lol

Man Jose

Seeing the customized Sharks jerseys JB has for sale, the sleeve numbers make the jerseys so bad that it's funny.

I saw a surprising number of replicas at a Rampage game a few weeks ago. They were playing the Iowa Wild, and while you'll find a smattering of random jerseys at minor league games, there were at least five Sharks Stadium Series jerseys. They don't look bad from a distance, but it's pretty awful up close. Might change my mind after the game, but even if I pick one up at this point, I'll probably just leave it blank.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

Here's my take on this. I like the designs of both teams. For a one-off game like this, a little out of the box works for me. However, the way that the crests are made, with a rubberized material kind of kills it. From looking at JB's pictures of the Edge authentics, and pictures of the replica crests, I can't figure out why anyone would spend $375 to get a 7287. You could actually buy both replicas, have the shoulder patched sewn on, and save over $100 from buying 1 authentic. And I hate the premiere jerseys, but in this case it would make sense. Just my $.02.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna be fun to see the full unis tomorrow night. I saw the Kings practice and man, that's a lot of white on white out there! I like the ligature-style logo in metallic on the helmet, but it was wild to see it so big on the side of their white shells/pants as well.

And did anyone else notice "Bob" of Bobcat Athletic on the player's bench during practice? Pretty cool, a Jersey-collector celebrity sighting LOL! ;)

Bob is employed by the Kings as an assistant equipment manager, so he was just there doing his job. :) He doesn't usually travel on the road with the team, but he did for this game.

Guest Dr_Puck

Agreed, TBG. Both teams look awful out there.

Frankly, the entire production for the game is way over done tonight. Kudos to NBC for promoting The Game overall but ... there's only so many times I can hear Eddie O say tonight is worth a valuable two points.

Niemi is wearing a full set of retro gear for some reason, it's as if whole theme of the game just went right past him like every puck that gets shot at him.