2015 SS at Levi's Stadium

Kingofkings

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a fan of either of them but, I think the Sharks jersey and whole outfit is a little bit better. White pants may work for a single game. Hate the collars on both jerseys.

Mostly I am annoyed that NHL/ Reebok are mandating a uniform template for the Stadium Series jerseys. Last year it was the

chrome crests/logos for all teams, elbow striping that didn't wrap around, and weird hem striping that angled up on the sides.

I don't like this cookie-cutter designing that the NHL is doing because teams should be able to try out something new and innovative for these games since Winter & Heritage classics are reserved for traditional sweaters.

Not a fan of either of them but, I think the Sharks jersey and whole outfit is a little bit better. White pants may work for a single game. Hate the collars on both jerseys.

Mostly I am annoyed that NHL/ Reebok are mandating a uniform template for the Stadium Series jerseys. Last year it was the

chrome crests/logos for all teams, elbow striping that didn't wrap around, and weird hem striping that angled up on the sides.

I don't like this cookie-cutter designing that the NHL is doing because teams should be able to try out something new and innovative for these games since Winter & Heritage classics are reserved for traditional sweaters.

These had a chance to be novel, even if both teams are working on the same template. They just feel unfinished. As much as I was concerned about the numbers contrasting, not carrying over the color blocking to the back panel is so much worse aesthetically. Although I'll admit that the template is probably less grating this year because only two teams are using it (even if they are heated rivals).

I actually can appreciate the big numbers because they have a function. You get larger than usual numbers for better viewing in the larger than usual stadium. Practically, football TV numbers are not that oversized, but there's at least a reasonable thought process behind it.

Here's to hoping that the back numbers are oversized and extend onto the players' asses. Try getting that right, collectors!

From LAK HF Boards: :D

image_zpsb9686e5d.jpg

Well my initial post about liking the jerseys has changed a bit since they have both been officially released. I like the bold 3-color striping, but that color has to go. And the elephantine numbers are ridiculous. Then there's the white pants. Bleh.

Yeah but inside the collar is different. That's not blatantly visible. This is out there for everyone to see and seems a bit garish. Imagine if the Habs did that. They'd need to run it around the entire collar and down the neckline.

Yeah but inside the collar is different. That's not blatantly visible. This is out there for everyone to see and seems a bit garish. Imagine if the Habs did that. They'd need to run it around the entire collar and down the neckline.

Good point. Although a Kings fan, I don't think it has extra value and seems a bit like 'show off' in a rivalry game.

Yuck. To both.

And yeah, the two crowns is a bit pretentious.

Any word on authentic versions of these jerseys? The premier versions of the shoulder patches are atrocious.

If i remember correctly authentic SS jerseys were offered after initial launch at teamLA store but weren't shipped until after the SS game. Maybe LAK74 can correct me if i'm wrong...either way i spoke to JB and he's getting both SS sweaters regardless.

You are correct- preorders for authentics at TeamLA started on Dec. 4 but the jerseys weren't shipped until February. I still wish they would offer them this year, because the price after STH discount would be a lot lower than JB's prices.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

JerseyBaron finally listed authentic 2.0 Sharks SS jerseys for $375.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111584588819

Still no Kings yet.

Edited by thebiggoalie

JerseyBaron finally listed authentic 2.0 Sharks SS jerseys for $375.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=111584588819

Still no Kings yet.

Looks like you spoke too soon. He just listed the Kings as well.

I'm really fearful about what they are going to do for a Wings jersey next year when they play at Colorado, hopefully they pull a New Jersey and tell them we're going to just wearing something out of our own catalog instead of designing something new.