2015 SS at Levi's Stadium

Kingofkings

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Wonder if that is accurate? I prefer the white version of last year's more personally.

Also, what is up with this comment:

– For those who enjoy the Kings’ vintage purple/gold jerseys (the one that will be worn at the three Legends Nights this season – Barry Melrose, Feb. 12 vs. Calgary; Tony Granato, Feb. 24 vs Detroit; and Luc Robitaille, March 7 vs Pittsburgh), from what we understand, the plan to convert that into the team’s full-time third / alternate jersey remains on the board, perhaps as early as next season.

I thought the Kings were switching to a predominantly Gold jersey for Legends Night this year?

I like it!

I don't think they meant that the same purple vintage of the last 4 seasons was going to be used again in this season's Legends Night games. It should be the gold version which will debut in February.

Interesting. Not horrible. I like the white version of last year's a bit better, but at least this isn't totally bad.

As always, I'll reserve judgement until I see them on a player, but these have serious potential. Not to get too out there, but I've noticed this kind of stark color blocking become trendy in men's clothing the last few years (seen it on a lot of sweaters, but this is the first example I could come up with).

Normally I wouldn't applaud uniform design for picking up on modern fashion, but given the precedent set for Stadium Series design last year, I can get behind this. It's a one-off; they can afford to take some risks.

Icethetics has renderings drawn up from 'a photo' he received of the jerseys. Personally, not a fan.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/12/5/first-look-see-the-2015-nhl-stadium-series-jersey-designs

1205-sjs15ss-mcelroy.png?format=750w

Icethetics renderings have black pants for the Kings. Probably just a minor oversight.

Still digging the overall template, but those white numbers over the relatively thick white line will probably prove disorienting to me. May just be my opinion, but white numbers need contrast. Going to have to see these in person.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart

Icethetics has renderings drawn up from 'a photo' he received of the jerseys. Personally, not a fan.

http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2014/12/5/first-look-see-the-2015-nhl-stadium-series-jersey-designs

1205-sjs15ss-mcelroy.png?format=750w

If he received a photo, he would've seen something else as well, which isn't in the mockup shown. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Good for them but the Sharks have been a bit too conservative with their color schemes over the years. Granted you don't want to fall into Vancouver and Buffalo territory in terms of changes but it's a little disappointing that SJ's big color change has been to toy with the orange.

The orange is slowly going to be phased out.

Like the look of San Joses and but too sure on the look of the Kings mock up. The first impression I got when I saw the Sharks jersey is that it pops out and really catches the eyes. The one thing that I think of when I see the full uniform mock ups are that they remind me of a hockey sock just based on how the colours are layered if you think about it. Look forward to seeing these in action though.

I keep going back and forth with these... so overall I guess they get a solid "meh" from me.

Sharks officially unveiled their uniform today.

20141211-ss-jersey-header-sub.jpg

Was really hoping for the Baron to get some authentics in, but not carrying over the pattern to the back is really bothering me. And that collar is... woof. The "Northern California" patch is a real winner though. Got to give Reebok(?) credit for trying something different though.

Speaking of, does Reebok take most of the credit/ blame for these? I figure the Stadium Series threads come down from on high or teams wouldn't be using such similar templates.

Edited by LongDistanceHeart