I dumb dumb. Help me buy an Oilers GW jersey.

StayFrosty

I'm pretty overwhelmed by all the options on Meigrey. Can some of you help me out?

Basically I want to get the best player, best jersey, for the best price. Here is what I need:

- Jersey must be Oilers current HOME style, authentic even to the "Reebok" logo

- Game worn

- $850 or under BEFORE discounts

- Used by a good or promising player, who is sure to be with the Oilers next season. (this is an area where I'm just not super smart)

- NOT David Perron, as I already have an authentic of his.

- Size 56-58+ will do.

I'd like to see some different options though, at different prices. I'm not totally sure of my price range yet. Something tells me Joensuu will be my best bet though? No idea exactly, keeping up on players isn't my thing.

Big thanks to whoever can help out here.

Also I am currently thinking of selling a game worn Oilers Home Hemsky 1.0 from 2010ish. I've worn it a bit but it's still in great condition. Looks like I might be selling it for $450. Does that sound fair?

Also I am currently thinking of selling a game worn Oilers Home Hemsky 1.0 from 2010ish. I've worn it a bit but it's still in great condition. Looks like I might be selling it for $450. Does that sound fair?

Is there "added wear" by you on that jersey?

Not really added wear at all, no. Just a few thread scuffs, nothing major. I think a lot of that might be game worn damage I never noticed. It's really hard to tell, but there's not a lot of it. Biggest damage is that Hemsky cut off the ends of his sleeves, and the dent on the Oilers crest from game, heh.

Also I should add that I have an actual person who is currently thinking over the $450 price.

Edited by StayFrosty

That's a lot of criteria, so basically here's a list:

Further discounted:

- Eager, 58+ ($395... discounted to $237)

- Lander, 56 ($595... discounted to $446.25)

- Petry, 58 ($495... discounted to $297)

- Smyth, 58 ($895... preseason... I know he's not current, but its Smyth! Discounted to $671.25)

Not further discounted, all from 2013-14:

- Acton, 56 ($695)

- Arcobello, 56 ($750)

- Arcobello, 56 ($350... preseason)

- Belov, 58+ ($595)

- Ference, 56 ($895)

- Gazdic, 58+ ($695)

- Gordon, 56 ($495)

- Grebeshkov, 58 ($350)

- Hamilton, 58 ($495)

- Hendricks, 56 ($595)

- Joensuu, 58 ($495)

- Jones, 56 ($395)

- Marincin, 58 ($595)

- Pinizotto, 56 ($395)

- Scrivens, 58G ($895)

As for the Hemsky, given that his jerseys retail for $495, yes, getting $450 back is very fair.

Assuming you're a fan, I'd go with the Smyth jersey.

It'll be a timeless jersey because of his status with the Oilers, and since he is retired, there is no chance of him being traded or ruining his legacy.

I don't know a lot about the Oilers, but are you buying this because you want a game worn, or because you want a team issued quality jersey without caring about it being game worn? If it's the latter, why not just buy the most affordable (hopefully single number) game issued jersey to strip at 25 percent off. Send it to whoever is Edmonton's customizer, and get Yak-Attack on the back? (.....or Hall)

If game worn isn't a priority, here's a GI for a bit under 200 after the summer sale discount. http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=6390003&catLevel=0&scLevel=&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=&catParentID=4532&scId=4532

Edited by hockeyjerseyssuck

I'm not really a huge follower of players, and I also only buy jerseys to wear. It wouldn't seem right to me to wear a $700 jersey. Also $700 is still pricey. It's for these reasons that I'm going to pass on the Smyth.

But yes, I do want a game worn this time rather than a regular authentic (or even team-issued).

I think I've decided on either Petry for $297 (2012-2013) or Joensuu (2013-2014) for $495.

I need a bit of help choosing here.... I'm not real sure which would be better to buy in the long run. What I look for is which player has the most promise, and who will be with the Oilers the longest.

I just bought one of the game worn Petry's..... but the discount will not leave my purchase at $297. It will be about $370. All good. Remember, the 2011-2012 jerseys for Oilers will be 1.0's! And I don't want that. So I bought a 2012-2013 one at 25% off.

Anyone know how easy it is to strip the Oilers style of jersey they went to the SCF with in 06?

I've stripped jerseys before and it's fairly easy to do. But I've also heard horror stories on here that if you strip the wrong kind of jersey, you might run into problems and ruin it.

Is it fairly straight-forward to strip an Oilers Away 2006 jersey?

Thanks...

I've stripped jerseys before and it's fairly easy to do. But I've also heard horror stories on here that if you strip the wrong kind of jersey, you might run into problems and ruin it.

Is it fairly straight-forward to strip an Oilers Away 2006 jersey?

a) please don't re-post this in several different topics...I already moved your last one to the 'How to strip a jersey thread'

b ) what exactly are you asking?

You've stripped jerseys before, but a '06 jersey may not be suitable to strip?

How was the jersey customized? Did they use rubber cement?

Most teams used/use adhesive to apply numbers to jerseys before they sew them down, but how much did they use? How much pressure did they put on the jersey when they pushed them down? Is it a white jersey and color bleed is inevitable? Will it pull the fabric when you atempt to remove it?

Sooo many questions that can only really be answered by you, when you attempt to strip the jersey.

Personally, I've had success stripping/cleaning every type of jersey out there, but I've also seen failures because, no matter what's used, the ol customization was just too stuck on there for any type of recovery.

You tell us, please.