CCM "Center Ice" practice jerseys...worth buying?

mfitz804

I've been wanting a Devils one, and a blue one popped up on eBay. It was listed for just $30 (plus shipping), I jumped on it without thinking about it.

I probably should have asked about it before I bought it, but I figured I'll ask now. Did I do ok? Also, are these made of Ultrafil?

Here is the jersey in question.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Jersey-Devils-blue-practice-jersey-CCM-56-/271546216378?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=IK6OPRrYay3N%252BmAxsEHO96uMW0w%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

If I recall correctly Krendelev collects these center ice practice jerseys.

That is a good price for one. I would say these would be good to wear when playing.....or out to games if you don't want to wear jerseys in your collection.

The one you mention is ultrafil.....however that is a 90's practice jersey

he infamous green jofa Flyers is air-knit as that is a 2000s practice jersey

Speaking of green practice jerseys.......

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Rangers-green-practice-jersey-CCM-58/271546222340?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D23929%26meid%3D8253705190777010869%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D10200%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D10%26sd%3D271546216378

My theory on it is hey, it's not red and black but I'm still supporting my team. It's something different for a team whose jerseys haven't changed in 22 years and changed once in their 32 year history.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate your input.

I hear that all the time , so I'm curious. What are you guys eating/drinking that will ruin a jersey? I mean most things come right out when it's washed.

Or are we talking about game worns and not messing up the "authentic" game wear by adding stains and/or cleaning out stuff that you want to remain?

I've been wanting a Devils one, and a blue one popped up on eBay. It was listed for just $30 (plus shipping), I jumped on it without thinking about it.

It's a good thing you jumped on it before I saw it, that thing is sweet!

It's a good thing you jumped on it before I saw it, that thing is sweet!

If that's not confirmation I did the right thing, I don't know what is. Thanks!

Some Jofas are ultrafil but not all of them. I have a Minnesota that's ultrafil

DSC_0612-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

and an Edmonton that's airknit.

DSC_0735-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I would've bought that Devils practice jersey also if I'd seen it before you got it.

Edited by Krendelev

All of the CCM's I've seen with the large center ice circle have been ultrafil with the exception of an old Winnapeg Jets I saw that was airknit. I don't know if any other teams used airknit at this time because I haven't seen jerseys from every team from this period.

DSC_0606-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Reebok even used ultrafil before the Edge rollout. I don't know if all teams had RBK ultrafil practice jerseys.

DSC_0321-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by Krendelev

The Center Ice circle jerseys are awesome. Its too bad the Preds never had those I would buy a bunch of them, probably the coolest practice jerseys ever.

I would've bought that Devils practice jersey also if I'd seen it before you got it.

Glad I followed my instincts then. Someone pointed out you collect these things. Any idea as to what a fair price would have been? Did I pay less, more, or just about right?

You got a good deal. I've been paying between $75 to $100 for most teams lately. For a long time they could be had around $60 but more people seem to be buying them up lately because they are the same quality as an authentic at a much better price.