New Boston Jersey

lafountain

Well the Bruins look like they are going to be debuting their new jersey on Thursday according to an article I was reading earlier today.

The Boston Bruins have unofficially announced that they are going to be doing the unveiling a day before both the Washington Capitals and the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Look forward to seeing what the Bruins did to their jersey with the new EDGE system.

Frankly, I don't know what's wrong with their current jerseys. I like those a lot. The black outline around and inside the wheel makes it look a lot better. But, yes, if they have to be redone, work from the older look.

It looks like this has been leaked too. I'm trying to find a picture of it but am having no luck. Check out the Bruins area of HFboards.com and you'll find it. It basically looks like they took the old old OLD Boston B from back in the 30's and put it in the wheel. Not too bad I guess.

Apparently, this is the new Bruins logo:

Not bad I guess.

Weird.

Because of the shape of the "B" it looks off-centre.

To the average fan, they'll barely notice any difference from their previous jerseys.

Weird.

Because of the shape of the "B" it looks off-centre.

To the average fan, they'll barely notice any difference from their previous jerseys.

The new B is more streamlined, aerodynamic and moisture-wicking. ;)

Yeah, it looks off-center because of the tails on the back of the B now. I dunno...I kinda like it. I guarantee that most people don't know that that B was worn on the Bruins jersey during the 30's and part of the 50's.

Side by side picture of the new logo and the shoulder crest. I really like the shoulder crest that they went with.

new_logos460x235.jpg

Think I might have to look into getting one of these. (Of course they would have to get a player I really liked first)

Side by side picture of the new logo and the shoulder crest. I really like the shoulder crest that they went with.

new_logos460x235.jpg

Think I might have to look into getting one of these. (Of course they would have to get a player I really liked first)

I would tend to thing that the Boston organization learned a lot from the Sabres' debacle of a logo.

So is this the first official Reebok Edge jersey?

Yep, so people who were worried about drastic changes being made to the jerseys can rest now.

Yep, so people who were worried about drastic changes being made to the jerseys can rest now.

The deal was because it was mentioned that the Sabres' design was somewhat of a precursor to the Edge uniform and it spooked people (including myself) out! Nice to see that isn't the case.

Now backlash heads back to Lawrence Quinn and why the hell is that Slug on our shirts?!?!

so, they´re officially unveiled

I'm definately getting them... :D

200706_black_jersey.png

200706_white_jersey.png

Not that I would cheer for Bruins, but I think I definitely need to get one of their black jerseys in my collection. I like the alternate prowling bear logo on the sleeve an awful lot. The Pooh Bear has been put to sleep! I'm assuming this is a Rbk Edge jersey in the pics, they should have had a player model it.

Modernize the vintage style they wore the last two seasons. SHARP designs and always good to see throwbacks.

DING! We have a winner. Nice call. :stickhndl:

I really, really am happy with these. I was fearing the new look and think this turned out just great. I love the secondary logo to death. Gotta get me a shirt with that one on it. That will make a really snazzy alt if used as the main crest, but please, no more yellow jerseys. <_<

DING! We have a winner. Nice call. :stickhndl:

I really, really am happy with these. I was fearing the new look and think this turned out just great. I love the secondary logo to death. Gotta get me a shirt with that one on it. That will make a really snazzy alt if used as the main crest, but please, no more yellow jerseys. <_<

Agreed and agreed- a good use of the traditional look with the jersey. Good job Bruins!