eBay version 4.0

dsl135

Yeah you can do a package intercept but it's costs $. Never done it with USPS but have with UPS and FedEx for work. Costs usually about $20.

Anyways I would report the hell out of him. If that happened to me I would be livid. He sure did get a better offer and I would be curious as to how much. Must be a good amount more to risk getting reported and the extra cost of doing the intercept.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll do what I can, but eBay has never helped me out in any way. So, uh, anybody have a white devils Xmas tree for sale?

Wish you around a few months ago when I sold one, I'd have been happy to let you overpay for it ;)

That's lousy. Some people, man. If this were like the early days of Niketalk, you'd already have volunteers for who would be going over to the seller's place to have a chat. :fight:

That's where I came from. Seems like nobody on NT gave a about hockey jerseys so I needed to branch out and here I am now.

There's one possible silver lining. USPS package intercept is super unreliable, and my local post office is extremely small and disorganized. It may end up being delivered regardless. It'll be interesting if that happens, bet seller would contact me then.

If it still gets delivered, send him back his money and tell him to F off. Or, don't send him the money and tell him to F off. I think the most important things are 1) you getting the jersey, and 2) that guy getting told to F off.

What's the latest tracking update, could it still be coming?

He will absolutely be told to F off. I know how I will handle that yet, we'll see what happens. I just know I'm mad.

It's still coming apparently, it's up to the destination post office, which is mine and staffed by 2 old women, to see the fax they got and pull the package aside manually. It's really unreliable so I'm surprised he refunded me before knowing it was coming back to him.

I'd assume, then, that if it were to come to you, it'd be there by Monday.

Clarify for me, my understanding is after you made the deal, the seller posted a Buy It Now and the deal was done through eBay. Is that accurate?

If so, I don't think that seller has a leg to stand on once you have the item in your hands. As long as you pay, it's yours. I can't see them telling you that you have to give it back.

I'm rooting for you. gonna PM some other info to you.

I'd assume, then, that if it were to come to you, it'd be there by Monday.

Clarify for me, my understanding is after you made the deal, the seller posted a Buy It Now and the deal was done through eBay. Is that accurate?

If so, I don't think that seller has a leg to stand on once you have the item in your hands. As long as you pay, it's yours. I can't see them telling you that you have to give it back.

I'm rooting for you. gonna PM some other info to you.

Yes sir, that is accurate.

I'd laugh my a$$ off if that guy paid for package intercept, and you still got the jersey anyway and got to keep the money! Would serve him right.

I'd laugh my a$$ off if that guy paid for package intercept, and you still got the jersey anyway and got to keep the money! Would serve him right.

it was an eBay transaction, so he wouldn't be able to keep the item AND the money. But, if he re-pays, the seller will not be able to reclaim the jersey.

IF he gets it. Let's hope he does.

A really hat-trick would be if the original BIN price was meant for J4TW and they got screwed too. I won a couple of auctions after I was almost certain a BIN price was made just for them to swoop in and get the steal.

it was an eBay transaction, so he wouldn't be able to keep the item AND the money.

I realize that would not likely be the end of this situation, nor am I implying that Joe wouldn't do the right thing and return the money. But if he actually does receive the jersey, there would be a situation created (even if temporary) in which the seller would be out the intercept fee, the jersey, AND the original payment. THAT would be pretty funny, and the seller would probably be asking himself, what the eff just happened here?

Oh, agreed. It would be hysterical. And while I agree I would pay the seller if I got it, I'm not saying I wouldn't make him sweat a little after he tried unsuccessfully to screw me.

If I get the jersey he will get his money, but he is gonna wait a while and sweat it out, just like he's making me sweat out even getting it.

But the tracking hasn't updated since last night, so I'm wondering if this is all over before the fun part even starts. It would be quite funny though.

Edited by JoeM7392

If it arrives at your post office, try to go to the actual post office to intercept ASAP before anyone sees the fax!

I would absolutely do that, but the mail leaves the main hub in Albany at 5am and is actually out for delivery in my town before the post office opens usually. Weird small town stuff. So by the time I could get to it they would have already snagged it if they were going to do so.

Oh I will. But if I stop posting you guys will know who got me.

Edited by JoeM7392

I've got a replica Devils jersey

If the one you bought comes through, take mine, put it in the box and return it quickly.

I'd love to hear the seller explain that they got a Devils jersey back but not the one he tried to recall because he was being shady.

I think there's a destroyed size Youth Medium one in my parents' attic from when I was a kid that would be even funnier.

Although, by the time I find it in my parents' attic, JoeM will have found, purchased and customized ten authentics. .

I swear it wasn't me. I actually sent that seller a somewhat nasty email after she backed out on our deal (which was $175 shipped).

Sorry about that. I know how hard they are to find.

Edited by slimcutta
Shameful plug...just pm him, thx

I get pissed off every time I see your Brown jersey hasn't sold. If I were half my size I'd be all over it.

I hadn't even considered it could be one of the guys from this site that was interested in it that might have contacted the seller. I hope none of our guys did that.