dsl135

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, DJ Rhea said:

Tbf I don't need another blue jersey with Marner on it!

Blasphemy.  You always need one more

26 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

Blasphemy.  You always need one more

This. And it doesn’t even really matter what it is, you still need another one. 

55 minutes ago, DaNoobie said:

Not sure if this is going to show up, but someone paid 2k Cad for a salmon skate jersey

By incredible coincidence, someone in the jerseys subreddit posted a pickup of an identically-sized (48) Mogilny just a few hours before the one in the link was supposedly sold, but it’s not the same one!

Yeah I actually just saw that too. I'm incapable of using reddit, but a local collector I was chatting with directed me to that too. 

Honestly at 2k, I am honestly tempted to sell mine. Brand new with tags to boot! 

I'm the other poor chap (and I emphasize poor) who bought the blank size 54 NWT from this guy for too much a couple weeks earlier.  Makes me feel better that I got a slightly better price on a slightly preferable size and the 54 is Bure's size.  I got the matching plate material too, and it's in with Keener for now.

2 hours ago, JJM4 said:

I'm the other poor chap (and I emphasize poor) who bought the blank size 54 NWT from this guy for too much a couple weeks earlier.  Makes me feel better that I got a slightly better price on a slightly preferable size and the 54 is Bure's size.  I got the matching plate material too, and it's in with Keener for now.

I had a feeling it was you who bought it, congrats. I received Keener's invoice today for mine, so it should hopefully arrive soon, but who knows. It's funny how 'many' of these have shown up in the last weeks.

19 minutes ago, perthisthereason said:

I had a feeling it was you who bought it, congrats. I received Keener's invoice today for mine, so it should hopefully arrive soon, but who knows. It's funny how 'many' of these have shown up in the last weeks.

Thanks, this is why I couldn't buy your Gretz!  I just sent mine out today but they should have it mid week.  I'll look forward to seeing the goodies you get back from them!

I also got one a few weeks ago, but for significantly less than these ones, and the one that sold yesterday definitely didn’t go for $2,000 CDN, the buyer got a significantly better deal than that. 

13 hours ago, KB67 said:

I also got one a few weeks ago, but for significantly less than these ones, and the one that sold yesterday definitely didn’t go for $2,000 CDN, the buyer got a significantly better deal than that. 

How did you find that? I used a site called slabwatch that supposedly shows actual selling prices, and it said it sold full price.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If that’s legit, someone’s going to go deep into their pocket. 

My thought, too.

That's why I'm keeping an eye on it.  Really interesting.

Cheap-Arse Abe Pollin should have just paid him for a mil-per-year, and he would have never ended up on exit 14 of the Jersey Turnpike 😄.

Edited by LetsGoCaps

36 minutes ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Cheap-Arse Abe Pollin should have just paid him for a mil-per-year, and he would have never ended up on exit 14 of the Jersey Turnpike 😄.

16W* 😉

2 hours ago, LetsGoCaps said:

Is it me or is there a faded size 50 on the tag? His 91-92 Gamer was a 54 so a 50 seems small.

25 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

16W* 😉

You know better than I 👍

19 minutes ago, Crash Line said:

Is it me or is there a faded size 50 on the tag? His 91-92 Gamer was a 54 so a 50 seems small.

Looks like a "50" handwritten.

I would definitely want something more concrete before I dropped a bundle on that jersey.

7 hours ago, Crash Line said:

Good eye, I haven’t looked for his size historically but given his height, his playing weight (6’2” 215 lbs according to the back of his 1990-91 Upper Deck hockey card), and the fact that it seemed like everyone wore their jersey huge back then, I don’t think he would have been wearing a size 50. Look at the 90-91 card and how loose his jersey is, no way is that a 50. At least a 54, if not a 56. 

Also, did they shorten sleeves like that, just cutting them off without sewing the end? 

He is also selling a Ray Bourque which he calls a game word but adds a question mark.

I’m adding my own question mark to the Stevens also. Doesn’t add up. 

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He is also selling a Ray Bourque which he calls a game word but adds a question mark.

I’m adding my own question mark to the Stevens also. Doesn’t add up. 

That Bourque was originally listed as “game worn”, then relisted as “game worn?”  Steer clear of both. 

Seems strange that the jersey would have the Kelly patch, since Stevens didn’t play for the Blues until the year after the patch was worn.  Also the nameplate letters don’t look right, or at least they don’t look like other Custom Crafted letters from that era.  The center posts on the E’s are way too short, and the letters just look a bit too thin, especially the S’s.  I’d stay away as well.