eBay version 4.0

dsl135

37 minutes ago, Brilliant! said:

What the hell is a Tiger King Joe Exotic?

Actually, nevermind. I've already lost interest.

Missing out. Joe Exotic is going to be my pen pal soon. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Brilliant! said:

What the hell is a Tiger King Joe Exotic?

Actually, nevermind. I've already lost interest.

Islander’s minor league affiliate captain. 

Just won a Travis Boyd from an action via the Meigray Ebay a few minutes ago. Got it for about a little over 100 than what is on the website, when you exclude shipping.

Anyone using eBay managed payments?

i got an email today from them about my account moving to that platform in July. 

ive got some questions about this:

1. Does this make it easier for them to report sales to our government to collect taxes / report income that we need to pay tax on?

2. Can we choose not to participate?

3. What are the major drawbacks?

my jaded opinion of most things is that they implement change to give them more profit and less value for sellers. 

I don’t sell much on there but I’d prefer not to deal with their BS

11 minutes ago, Phil the Thrill said:

RIP if they start issuing tax forms for what we sell

Pretty much. Not that it’d be up to them. 

Edited by mfitz804

You’re also going to see people claiming some pretty bulls*** expenses though claiming they are part of their eBay business

Well the other part is if we are a small business then we should be able to claim losses - especially Mfitz when he sells his jerseys for 50% of what he paid for them :)

21 minutes ago, AlereFlammam said:

Well the other part is if we are a small business then we should be able to claim losses - especially Mfitz when he sells his jerseys for 50% of what he paid for them :)

But then he buys them back for twice what he originally paid. He’s what we call a “stimulus collector”. 

4 hours ago, thebiggoalie said:

He’s what we call a “stimulus collector”. 

TWSS

Is it normal (during the rona situation) to wait a week, or maybe more, to get an item shipped from a seller? Because that was the reply from the seller; the virus.

Forgive me, I know I shouldn't be impatient during these times - just wondering as I don't know the exact situation in the US (Iowa). 

Are you talking about for the seller to ship the item or just a delay in shipping?  Post offices are open, so it shouldn't take any longer to go to the post office to actually ship the item out.  Now there are delays in shipping, especially overseas. I've had one jerseys that shipped out early April, go to Chicago, then 3 weeks later it said it was back in Chicago, then was being shipped overseas...again.  But being from Iowa myself, I haven't had any issues going to the post office to ship stuff - that has been business as normal for me.

Sounds like an excuse to me.  With USPS providing at-home pick-up, there shouldn't be much more than 1 day added to "handling" time.

6 minutes ago, spudrock512 said:

Are you talking about for the seller to ship the item or just a delay in shipping?  Post offices are open, so it shouldn't take any longer to go to the post office to actually ship the item out.  Now there are delays in shipping, especially overseas. I've had one jerseys that shipped out early April, go to Chicago, then 3 weeks later it said it was back in Chicago, then was being shipped overseas...again.  But being from Iowa myself, I haven't had any issues going to the post office to ship stuff - that has been business as normal for me.

Thanks.

I'm still waiting on the status to change to 'Shipped', so for the seller to ship the item. 

I agree that the seller should have shipped it by now.

I will say though that just from scanning posts in the handful of local town "community groups" I am in on FB, a lot of people are still scared to leave the house.  It has almost gotten to a point where people are bragging about how much they have social distanced/isolated themselves from the rest of the world during this time.  Some have said they have not left the house in literally weeks and many of the same people are going to extremely measures (one woman claims she uses sanitizing wipes on her bananas when she gets them from the grocery delivery).  The seller could be one of these people.

26 minutes ago, Devilsguy said:

(one woman claims she uses sanitizing wipes on her bananas when she gets them from the grocery delivery).

TWSS

While I agree it’s a topsy-turvy world, check his prior feedback. I had a guy feed me the same line of BS until I checked and saw he delayed shipping on items as far back as six months ago. 

1 hour ago, jsh139 said:

Sounds like an excuse to me.  With USPS providing at-home pick-up, there shouldn't be much more than 1 day added to "handling" time.

That at home pickup stuff is sketchy though. My guy won’t ring the bell for it, he’ll only take it if you leave it outside for him. I don’t leave anything outside. 

My longest shipping delay thus far has been two days, because I only drop them off when I am already going out. But, my ebay listings (and it’s all been ebay for me) state that there is a 3 business day handling period. 

I nearly never actually take three days, but in light of the current situation, I think people can wait. 

A week, though, is unacceptable. Unless the seller fell ill from the virus, there’s no excuse. If you are afraid to go out and ship stuff, then you shouldn’t be selling right now. 

I have some stuff on eBay right now and I've put it in very clear terms on my item descriptions that I am making one trip to the post office per week due to the pandemic, thus my guarantee is the item is at the post office to start moving the Monday after your purchase. So if someone buys something on a Tuesday, it's going to sit at the waiting to ship status until Saturday or Sunday. Have not had issues with that...not yet anyway lol

That's fair. If you have disclosed there will be a delay, people shouldn't be surprised when there is one. 

My office building is open because there is an essential business operating inside. So when I run in to pick up stuff to work on, I drop off my outgoing mail so it can be picked up. I do that twice a week, and that basically covers me. I add in an extra trip to the PO on Saturdays as needed. 

The main problem here is, people were tampering with the mail so they changed all of the mailboxes to have letter sized slots, and you can no longer shove smaller items in there.