eBay version 4.0

dsl135

2 hours ago, cowboys said:

do you have a link to any of his listings 

He doesn't have any listings. His eBay ranking is '7' so I feel he's more of a troll than anything. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 29/8/2016 at 4:14 PM, mdwsta4 said:

After a few days of nothing, the idiot reaches out to me again out of the blue. I put him on my blocked list and just because it was mentioned above, here is his username: luapsel77

Here is his latest message which is extremely humorous to me since he's the one that has been contacting me!

"I wouldn t take one of your Chinese rip-off plastic shirts, if you offered it for free, y know why?
Cause I don t want to make any transaction with someone who takes advantage of working people.
Last time I tried to be polite and say goodluck . I can see it was wasted. Now I m saying DON T EVER CONTACT ME AGAIN, DON T HARASS ME ANY FURTHER."

Pretty obvious what's going on here........he likes you man !

Like in kindergarten when you hit and harass the girl you have a crush on. this is the same sh!t, i have seen it before.

don´t be surprised if he shows up at your front door, or backdoor !

In other words: he wants the D 

Edited by tomtucker

27 minutes ago, dsl135 said:

So ridiculous. 

On September 2, 2016 at 10:59 PM, Dr_Puck said:

I just want to thank that anonymous person who outbid me by $1 tonight on a minor league jersey that's in a style I currently own four of. You erased an oopsie bid and saved me from a long talk with my significant other. I shall bring order to the universe by grossly overbidding on the next jersey of marginal interest that I find on the Bay.

Those talks are the worst!

9 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Geese, the drama has been out in full force these last few weeks. A lot of collectors have been calling each other out and just getting into various arguments. Good thing this is the calm forum.

You mean on FB?  It's mostly in the last 24-48 hours.  One is another auction company possibly doing shady business dealings and another is calling out how people collect lol.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Puck said:

Yep, on Facebook. It's not just been one or two issues, lately a lot of people have been going off on each other. 

Yeah I guess maybe the summer doldrums have gotten to some people lol. 

Also was meaning to post this here, but is there a way when you list a BIN listing on eBay to set it where if the buyer selects your item, it won't let him complete checkout until he has paid?  I have a guy who did a BIN on a jersey of mine on Thursday evening and still hasn't paid.

Yeah I believe there is an option for that, though that's only if it's strictly a bin listing. If you include best offer options or auction style listing and it sells that way, that nullifies that. Atleast to my knowledge 

10 minutes ago, Jdems93 said:

Yeah I believe there is an option for that, though that's only if it's strictly a bin listing. If you include best offer options or auction style listing and it sells that way, that nullifies that. Atleast to my knowledge 

Hmmm, if I recall I did have a best offer available.  That stinks.

I opened up a case regardless.

I noticed that eBay has changed their listing tool recently.  I definitely remember there was an option to require immediate payment when a buyer does BIN.  I don't see it there, now.  Hmm...

Edit: Found it. It's in the "Advanced" editor.

2016-09-06_1056.png

Edited by jsh139

Thanks for that!  I listed it on my eBay app on my iphone, so it is possible I missed it.  Good to know where it is now as I do vaguely remember reading about that option on here a bit ago and that's why I asked lol.

1 hour ago, Dr_Puck said:

Here's one for the group: Would you ever consider buying a jersey of a prospect who you think will make it big or at least to the pros? I'm currently tied in a silent team auction for a USHL jersey and have an option of increasing my bid to get it. The player hasn't been drafted yet but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened this year. My issue: I already have two gamers in this style. 

(Penn State fans, PM me if you are interested. The player is off to Happy Valley this fall and should play this season.)

I don't see a problem with it. People have been doing stuff like that with sports memorabilia for years. 

Getting your significant other to understand why you have three of the same style is an even bigger trick. We can just dub that the "Dr. Puck Hat Trick" right now. 

What happens when you have 4 (and counting) of one style like my blue Leafs ultrafils?

good thing is my wife asks me why don't I get more.

17 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

What happens when you have 4 (and counting) of one style like my blue Leafs ultrafils?

You have her brainwashed with your good looks. It's the only possibility really. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You have her brainwashed with your good looks. It's the only possibility really. 

I wouldn't say good looks.  Good something but definently not looks.

oh yeah, should have mentioned if anybody has any Leafy ultrafils they wanna sell I'm your man.

20 minutes ago, TMLFAN said:

I wouldn't say good looks.  Good something but definently not looks.

oh yeah, should have mentioned if anybody has any Leafy ultrafils they wanna sell I'm your man.

I guess there was another possibility! 

24 minutes ago, Committed said:

Out of all the information in this forum how do we NOT have a "How to sneak your new pickup into the house" tutorial? 

The first rule of fight club is that we don't talk about fight club.

The second rule of fight club is that we don't talk about fight club. 

2 hours ago, TMLFAN said:

Only 4??? Lol.