Jump to content

eBay version 4.0


Recommended Posts

I put a couple of sweaters on ebay with best offers. I get offers for 1.00 for all of them from a jersey reseller constantly. It's diving me nuts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, furiousd said:

Same guy? Just block him.

I guess I could, but why do you have to be a and go through everyones items and offer 1.00. Ebay really grinds my gears smetimes 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That never happens to me...but a dollar, really? At least offer like $25, not that you wouldn't reject that too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, billman119 said:

I guess I could, but why do you have to be a and go through everyones items and offer 1.00. Ebay really grinds my gears smetimes 

There's all sorts out there. At least you have an easy fix in this case. If it's more like harassment, you could report him, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

Looks fake to me. 

Fixed link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/252433707203?_mwBanner=1

Horrifically fake. And poor customization job as well. Not worth the opening bid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's why I posted it in here instead of in the Is It Good or Not thread. That one is horrifically bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to mention, it'd be a foul anyway, because Stevens was retired before they started wearing Edge jerseys at all, let alone a "retro" Edge. 

For those interested, a real Devils Retro Edge looks thusly:

1D8DDF1C-1D86-44F0-A854-59A8685CC77B_zps

 

9F2308A2-0C6A-4832-8360-EDE3110AF5B5_zps

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep. Bad fake and anachronistic. I'm not as experienced at spotting fakes as the rest of you and that one really jumped off the page at me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheKevinShow said:

Yep. Bad fake and anachronistic. I'm not as experienced at spotting fakes as the rest of you and that one really jumped off the page at me.

Always good to point them out. Keeps your skills sharp and informs others. It was, however, nice to see one that wasn't a Brodeur or a Kovalchuk, most of the fakes seem to be those. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, furiousd said:

Geez, that Tootoo is a good looking jersey.

Honestly, posting the pictures made me want to wear it, it looks so good. Unfortunately, still 85 degrees outside!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheKevinShow said:

I don't quite understand the appeal of keeping a jersey NWT yet still wearing it.

I'm assuming he took that pic right after it came back from customization. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheKevinShow said:

I don't quite understand the appeal of keeping a jersey NWT yet still wearing it.

The picture is NWT. The jersey no longer is. None of mine are, I wear 'em all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jsh139 said:

I'm assuming he took that pic right after it came back from customization. 

You assumed correctly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I take a lot of these vintage NWT jerseys for sale on eBay with a grain of salt. It's not hard to reattach tags to a jersey that still looks new. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, my mistake.

That being said, I could have sworn I saw someone mention on here that they've worn a NWT jersey. I was probably mistaken back then as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TheKevinShow said:

Oh, my mistake.

That being said, I could have sworn I saw someone mention on here that they've worn a NWT jersey. I was probably mistaken back then as well.

I wouldn't put it past some of these characters. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jsh139 said:

I take a lot of these vintage NWT jerseys for sale on eBay with a grain of salt. It's not hard to reattach tags to a jersey that still looks new. 

I would agree with you, and fortunately there's only one NWT jersey I have that I purchased from anyone other than sellers I knew to be reputable (i.e., people on here or Jersey Baron) but it's a replica (Koho Liberty) so even if the tags are fake, I won't be terribly upset about it. However, I see nothing to indicate that the tags are fake, and no one would really bother faking the tags on a replica anyway, so I'm sad that I won't ever get to wear that one. At least I have my white Liberty replica to wear instead.

Edited by TheKevinShow
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...