eBay version 4.0

dsl135

I kind of feel the same way. If it was one or two that he bought to resell, that's one thing. But he bought like 6 or 7 of them. And he bought them immediately. It's not like they were languishing in the for sale forum for months. I bet some collectors that would have cherished them never even got a chance. And now they're out there grossly overpriced.

Oh well, guess the early bird gets the worm. I'll definitely treat this as a lesson learned.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And that lesson is, "refresh a thousand times a day just so you don't miss something good."

That can't just be me, right?

You're not alone :lol:

Clearly not the only guy in the world to ever do this, but I guess it stings a little more when its one of our own. That being said, its still his money, and his risk.

I was too late on the Allison. Would have been nice to have, but I'm not paying that price.

ConcreteCharlie has been doing this since long before most of LA discovered they had a professional hockey team. Slim sold them to him knowing exactly what was going to happen.

ConcreteCharlie has been doing this since long before most of LA discovered they had a professional hockey team. Slim sold them to him knowing exactly what was going to happen.

As well he should have, what is he supposed to do, turn him away?

As well he should have, what is he supposed to do, turn him away?

Is he the one complaining about it?

Of course not. But I bet there's people on this board who think he should have refused the sale.

Slim posted them, someone came in with cash on hand and bought them all. I hope I am not the only one who thinks neither party did anything wrong.

Maybe members are just noticing this but I have been here for a long time and have heard his BS for a long time ,just a few months back he tried to bully me into selling a USA jersey .I have refused to sell to a person as him he also has a bad name on Facebook as he has done the same to members there .

As said you buy it it's yours so if he comes a knocking do not sell

Maybe members are just noticing this but I have been here for a long time and have heard his BS for a long time ,just a few months back he tried to bully me into selling a USA jersey .I have refused to sell to a person as him he also has a bad name on Facebook as he has done the same to members there .

As said you buy it it's yours so if he comes a knocking do not sell

Trying to bully someone into a sale, or giving a fake story about how bad you want the jersey but you just can't afford it, are obviously not cool. But just coming to the table with cash, I'd never turn anyone away unless they had a completely horrible reputation for screwing people.

Nobody did anything wrong, especially slim. If I was selling I wouldn't give a s*** what the person does with it after he pays.

I'm definitely keeping track of whose doing it, because whether it's right or wrong of me, it will sway me to not deal with that person if I'm on the fence about it in the future.

I was too late on the Allison. Would have been nice to have, but I'm not paying that price.

Assuming that's one that slim just had, this is why I don't like somebody scooping them all up to try to sell for profit.

Again, and I can't stress this enough, nothing against what slim did because we'd all do the same. But people that would be happy to add something like that are now SOL because some guy just sees dollar signs and wants to flip them.

Nobody did anything wrong, especially slim. If I was selling I wouldn't give a s*** what the person does with it after he pays.

I'm definitely keeping track of whose doing it, because whether it's right or wrong of me, it will sway me to not deal with that person if I'm on the fence about it in the future.

That's kind of where I am on the matter. I try to figure out what the market will bear, so it usually isn't an issue. But if I think it'll just be flipped anyway, I'll suspend my usual who-cares-about-ten-bucks goodwill I try to extend to people.

Knowing someone is a flipper is important, because I'm less likely to give a flipper a lower price/better price than what I'm asking. But if I get what I've listed it for, they can wipe their dog's butt with it once they get it as far as I am concerned.

Knowing someone is a flipper is important, because I'm less likely to give a flipper a lower price/better price than what I'm asking. But if I get what I've listed it for, they can wipe their dog's butt with it once they get it as far as I am concerned.

Agreed, but does anything ever sell for exactly what the original listed price is here? We usually tend to give each other breaks, like you said, but there isn't anyway I'm doing that if I think the dude is gonna sell it immediately after.

It's good to keep tabs on who has a tendency to do that.

Edited by JoeM7392

Agreed, but does anything ever sell for exactly what the original listed price is here? We usually tend to give each other breaks, like you said, but there isn't anyway I'm doing that if I think the dude is gonna sell it immediately after.

It's good to keep tabs on who has a tendency to do that.

Is there an echo in here??

:)

Wow, yeah I pretty much just repeated what you said. Sorry, skimmed it quick at work.

Glad we agree though!

Wow, yeah I pretty much just repeated what you said. Sorry, skimmed it quick at work.

Glad we agree though!

Great minds, as they say...

Great minds, as they say...

Nope, just two Devils fans, that's all. :-D

Nope, just two Devils fans, that's all. :-D

The smarts to like the right team, the balls to do it in front of you animals!