Jersey# Question for Hardcore early 1990s Maple Leafs Fans

SnakeOiler12

Glenn Anderson came over to the Leafs in the summer of 1991 as part of the mega deal that had Damphousse go to Edmonton.

Since Dave Hannan was wearing #9 on Toronto, Anderson went with #10. However, later in the 1991/92 season, Hannan was traded to Buffalo.

My question is, did Anderson then immediately switch to #9 and finish the 1991/92 season with that number, or did he switch in the summer, because he was definitely wearing #9 at the start of the 1992/93 season when the Leafs switched uniform designs.

Any diehard Leaf fans from the early 90s know?

I have checked many, many sources and cannot find a pic of Anderson wearing #9 in any of the 1991/92 styles, be it the TBTC, blue with thick white shoulder stripe or white with thick blue stripe.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

There's a YouTube video of the third-to-last game of the season for the Leafs against the Isles in April 1992, and Anderson is still wearing #10, so I'd say it's a safe bet he didn't wear #9 that year.

Yeah, that game was over a month after Hannan was traded. You'd think if Anderson wanted #9, he wouldn't have waited that long to get it. The Leafs didn't make the playoffs that year so the chances of him switching to #9 in the last 2 games is next to nil.

Haha. Well, the Leafs did make the playoffs for 4 straight years right after that. In fact, they would have gone to the SCF the next year if... oh wait. :thumbsup:

Fudge Fraser and fudge Gretzky too. Freaking Habs fans talking crap all these years cause they were handed the cup on a silver platter.