Any Interest in Union College Authentic Jerseys?

dsl135

Go figure, telling them that we want an expected completion date and that we've been patient with the delays but are owed an accurate expected timeline produced this:

"Mike just sent the order out to the sewers today, we should have them back within 3-4days to finish up the process with numbering and lettering the jersey's. I would expect the jersey's no later than September 12th. Thanks for your patience."

That is how they should have responded in the first place, with information for their customers, but at least now they finally gave us some info.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what's so hard to understand here.

Its not about needing the jerseys fast. We have waited 3 months for them (that's not fast).

Its about respectful communication and treating your customers appropriately. Not responding to emails and not providing an expected completion date after doubling the original estimate is not acceptable.

Christ, this isn't "needing them fast." Fast would've been 6 weeks ago. This is far past the expected completion date and they're not communicating with us or providing a new estimate. That's treating your customer like crap. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

No, it's easy to understand. I'm just trying to get you to understand your own self-issues of "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now". I agree with you in one aspect, they shouldn't have told you the time frame they did. But, for all I know you talked to the janitor. Three to four months is plenty fast for a custom order, especially from a place who doesn't typically deal with small public orders. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand. Especially when you don't need the jersey now, what's the big deal? Again, the lack of communication likely stems from the fact that they don't have the personnel in place to deal with continual harassment (and yes, it's harassment..."the act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly") from the public because that's not part of their standard operations. Like I said, they are doing you a favor. They aren't trying to screw you over or ruin your life. You could at least have some patience and understanding. You'll enjoy life more that way.

Trust me, I'm not trying to irk you, just trying to get you to better understand your situation a little bit better from a person who's been through the experience before many times.

Edited by Big A HG

No, it's easy to understand. I'm just trying to get you to understand your own self-issues of "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now". I agree with you in one aspect, they shouldn't have told you the time frame they did. But, for all I know you talked to the janitor. Three to four months is plenty fast for a custom order, especially from a place who doesn't typically deal with small public orders. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand. Especially when you don't need the jersey now, what's the big deal? Again, the lack of communication likely stems from the fact that they don't have the personnel in place to deal with continual harassment (and yes, it's harassment..."the act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly"[/size]) [/size]from the public because that's not part of their standard operations. Like I said, they are doing you a favor. They aren't trying to screw you over or ruin your life. You could at least have some patience and understanding. You'll enjoy life more that way.

Trust me, I'm not trying to irk you, just trying to get you to better understand your situation a little bit better from a person who's been through the experience before many times.

Ok I'm going to respond to you one last time, because you're not even involved in the order, and frankly your uninformed opinion means literally NOTHING to me.

I do not have an attitude of "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now". The only one here with self-issues is you, trying to act better than anyone. "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now" is the attitude after 3 months? 3 months is "now now now now now now"? Nope, didn't think so.

For all you know, we talked to the janitor? Exactly. You don't know anything and are just acting like a jerk for no reason. Sort of like how you are certain its harassment. How many emails did I send? How many phone calls did I make? Oh, you mean you don't know? Huh, how about that! Also, emails or phone calls from me are not "from the public" they're from a customer who has placed an order and deserves communication about said order. They are not "doing me a favor" because they are being compensated for the order exactly as they would be for any other order. They're also not screwing me over, nor did I ever say that. Again, you don't seem to understand that three months is VERY patient and understanding and that asking for an expected completion date after having waited for three months is more than fair.

Your last sentence is an outright lie. You're absolutely trying to irk me. Saying that I have an attitude of "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now" when you don't know any details of the situation? Telling me I don't have patience when you don't know the details of the situation? Tell me I have self-issues? Telling me how to have patience and understanding so I can better enjoy life? Posting a Webster's dictionary definition to seem superior? And since you understand harassment so well, you should probably stop doing it. You're the only one harassing anyone here.

Get over yourself dude. You're wrong, and it was PAINFULLY obvious from word one that you were trying to pester and annoy. Get lost. No one needs or cares about your holier than thou attitude.

Edited by dsl135

No, it's easy to understand. I'm just trying to get you to understand your own self-issues of "me me me me me me me, now now now now now now". I agree with you in one aspect, they shouldn't have told you the time frame they did. But, for all I know you talked to the janitor. Three to four months is plenty fast for a custom order, especially from a place who doesn't typically deal with small public orders. I'm not sure what's so hard for you to understand. Especially when you don't need the jersey now, what's the big deal? Again, the lack of communication likely stems from the fact that they don't have the personnel in place to deal with continual harassment (and yes, it's harassment..."the act or an instance of harassing, or disturbing, pestering, or troubling repeatedly") from the public because that's not part of their standard operations. Like I said, they are doing you a favor. They aren't trying to screw you over or ruin your life. You could at least have some patience and understanding. You'll enjoy life more that way.

I don't see where anyone said we expected the jerseys back fast. We knew it would take some time and were all fine with it before placing the order. We placed the order and then we were quoted a time which is way past due now. We get it, you had to wait for your orders but that doesn't mean every order is the same. I also don't see why it even matters if we want/need the jerseys now or not. Whether we wear them now in the summer or not until hockey starts is not relevant. They have our money and we don't have a jersey yet. Funny, but I doubt they would have been willing to let us pay for the jerseys when they were finally complete.

Lets just find some positives out of this. Make it a guessing game I'll say the jerseys will be delivered to dan October 3rd.

Haha, now we're talking!

I'll go with September 29th.

Shall we start a pool? LOL

They will ship 2/13/15 and will be promptly burned up in a car crash during shipment. The remaining scraps will be discovered and sent back to the warehouse, where the mail truck carrying them will lose a wheel, killing the driver only and leaving behind just the box of jersey scraps. UPS decides to try and air express the remaining bits back, but the plane goes down due to the flight crew forgetting to refuel the plane. Among the wreckage, the package is found and Fedex gives it a go, and the mangled box gives the carrier the worst paper cut ever that he ends up getting a staph infection and has to have his left arm amputated. DHL says they got it under control and will get it to the warehouse. 5 miles outside of town, the DHL truck enters a tunnel, but never exits and the driver, package, and truck are lost forever.

It will live on forever known as "Little 2"

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap we actually have an update!

The jerseys arrived at Union today. That's the good news. So they will be shipped to me soon.

The bad news, however, is that they did not put the A on any of the jerseys. They are going to send them along loose, with instructions on where they should be applied.

Frankly, due to the issues with getting the jerseys, I'm not going to press them to actually apply the letters. I figure we all know of a local place that can attach an A. Or, I can look into having it done by Action Spot Sports (formerly Jersey Express) locally and just adding the cost to everyone's jerseys.

Here are a couple pictures that the contact at Union has sent to me to tide us over for the time being:

JERSEYfront_zps8f46e5a0.jpg

JERSEYback1_zpsba1c8afb.jpg

Reminder that anyone who needs a Frozen Four patch can order from here:

http://classicmnhockey.com/collections/patches/products/2014-frozen-four-authentic-hockey-patch

Pretty deplorable IMHO that it took this long and they will be without the A's and we weren't given any kind of credit towards our bill. I almost regret participating in this order.

Thanks for the update and putting this together though

Pretty deplorable IMHO that it took this long and they will be without the A's and we weren't given any kind of credit towards our bill. I almost regret participating in this order.

Thanks for the update and putting this together though

You're welcome, and believe me I understand your frustration. Who knows, though, maybe Ghost will have a great camp and your jersey will be in high demand if you want to sell it. Edited by dsl135

Talk about the most disorganized, unprofessional bunch of idiots I have ever dealt with in my entire life.

After waiting 16 weeks, and with the jerseys finally being at Union, ready to be sent out and delivered, I get this email, from the Union Bookstore Manager:

"After a meeting with the Athletic department and our college attorneys, we have been advised not to distribute any products with a student name on them (past or present), especially one that has been signed to play professionally. This would apply to the Gotisbehere order."

So they've cancelled our order. They won't say what will happen with the jerseys. I'm completely flabbergasted by the complete lack of professionalism. How does an order get approved by the manager originally (which I know for a fact it did because that was brought up during pricing), and now it ends up cancelled at the last minute?

Sorry guys, refunds are on the way momentarily.

Wow I sure am glad about not taking part in this order. Been following this thread since it started though and it's been one straight fustercluck. That really sucks.

It really has.

And I'd just like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone who tried to order. I know that none of this was in my control, but I still feel bad that I got everyone excited about this order only to have the rug get pulled from under us at literally the absolute last minute.

Refunds have been sent. If anyone didn't get theirs, please let me know.

I've asked them to check with the lawyers about removing the names, but not sure how many of you would still want them at that point.