Help with a Thrashers jersey

oiler99

I ordered a Kovalchuk number kit for a white Thrashers Edge jersey (1.0) from EPS. They asked me how I would like the kit cut. Does anyone here know what kind of material the Thrashers used on their Edge jerseys? Was it reversed or something else?

Edited by oiler99

From looking at the gamers on MeiGray, they were kiss cut.

The name and back numbers were navy on the bottom with the thin gold outline on top. The sleeve numbers were white on the bottom, with the thin gold outline on top.

It also appears that for longer names, they rounded the top corners of the Edge nameplate material so that it stayed within the white (if it was too close to the curved navy blue sleeve/shoulders).

From my previous research on this topic, I determined that the Thrashers lettering kits were layered for the 1.0's used in 2007-08, and the 2.0's used from 2007-09. They didn't switch to kiss-cut until 2009-10, the year Kovalchuk left Atlanta. Here is a closeup of a stacked number from a white 2008-09 gamer:

atlanta08_zpsd151d037.jpg

So if you want to duplicate Kovalchuk's 2007-08 set 1 1.0, or his 2.0's up til 2009, it would be more accurate to go layered. However, he did use some kiss-cut jerseys in the partial season he played in Atlanta (2009-10). There is a previous thread on this topic here:

http://forums.icejerseys.com/index.php?showtopic=5008&hl=%2Bthrashers+%2Bkiss+%2Bcut

D'oh!

See that's what I get for assuming all of the Edge Thrashers jerseys were the same from looking at MeiGray. Sorry for the misinformation.

Akteon, I'm sorry for posting what probably sounded like a correction to your post; rarely, if ever, is anything you post less than 100% correct. Just wanted the OP to make the best decision possible based on all available information.

Duane - nothing for you to apologize about man :thumbsup:

I just did a quick MeiGray search and didn't notice a difference on the few 2007-08 Edge 1.0s they had listed. In the end I'm glad you posted your previous research because I'd have felt bad if he got it customized wrong based on my post.

I went with the layered kit, so that's what I'm ordering. The kit is for a 2007-08 Kovalchuk Team issued road jersey. Thank you for all the information, it was very useful!

Edited by oiler99