Customization Mix up, Really need some help with this

Hello Everyone!

Today I got my Vancouver Canucks Jersey back from the store, Now the problem was that they put the wrong player name on the jersey :( (but it was a really good job) and so this is what the person told me my options at that point and this is what they said:

There would be puckering. Like little holes possibly. I honestly don’t think you would be happy with it if something did happen to it. and so this is what they told me:
This is what we can do
I can give you the jersey as is right now for $65.00 before taxes
Or send it back and get it redone with you aware that it maybe demaged at no extra charge to you, Just the end of the day price once send and done for $95.00,
So would it be better if I took the jersey?( Ryan Kesler isnt really one of my favourite players...) or I send it back and deal with the conquences of the jersey getting damaged and paying more? (I tried stripping before, but I failed pretty bad)
(This is a premier jersey customized)
Thanks for your help everyone!
- Halifornia

What kind of jersey was it? Premier or Edge? At the end of day, I'd just keep it. If you do change your mind, send it somewhere like eps where the people strip jerseys and do a good job from what I hear. I just wouldn't let them do the number/letter stripping

What kind of jersey was it? Premier or Edge? At the end of day, I'd just keep it. If you do change your mind, send it somewhere like eps where the people strip jerseys and do a good job from what I hear. I just wouldn't let them do the number/letter stripping

It's a Premier but I'll think my options through thanks man!

Can you clarify something? Did you buy the jersey from them and they customized it with a player you didn't ask for? Or did you buy the jersey somewhere else, and then sent it to them to be customized by them?

If it's the former, it's completely their fault, and they should take it back no questions asked, and send you a brand new one (not a stripped one) with the player you asked for at no additional charge over what you originally were supposed to pay.

If it's the latter, I still think they owe you something. I don't know if you agreed to any waivers absolving them of any responsibility for any items sent to them for customization, in which case there may not be much you can do. But you shouldn't have to settle for a botched job and have to actually pay for something you didn't order. That's just not right.

Edit: May I ask what you were supposed to pay for the job you originally asked for?

If you do change your mind, send it somewhere like eps where the people strip jerseys and do a good job from what I hear

They do a good job, but they will not want to strip your jersey unless they know that you will also be paying them to recustomize the jersey as well. So you will essentially be paying double the original cost to fix something that was not your fault to begin with. Not a great situation to be in, unfortunately.

Hi, I bought the jersey from somewhere else and i got them

Can you clarify something? Did you buy the jersey from them and they customized it with a player you didn't ask for? Or did you buy the jersey somewhere else, and then sent it to them to be customized by them?

If it's the former, it's completely their fault, and they should take it back no questions asked, and send you a brand new one (not a stripped one) with the player you asked for at no additional charge over what you originally were supposed to pay.

If it's the latter, I still think they owe you something. I don't know if you agreed to any waivers absolving them of any responsibility for any items sent to them for customization, in which case there may not be much you can do. But you shouldn't have to settle for a botched job and have to actually pay for something you didn't order. That's just not right.

Edit: May I ask what you were supposed to pay for the job you originally asked for?

I bought the jersey somewhere else and then I sent it to be customized by them, its currently in their possession and I didnt pay anything yet, there was no contract or anything invovled at all, if it was done correctly it would of been 109.50$ CAN, i have barely any options at all.

I did have a confirmation email saying that they can do the players name and number and this is what the company said:

They have told me they have the fonts required in stock. Bring the jerseys in when you can and we will work out all the details.

and their responce after getting the botched jersey:

They put Kesler on the back instead of the other name. I think they may have gotten mixed up with the original quote and names when you were first in and then changed.

Would you except Kesler and his number?
Im so sorry.

It sounds like you sent them the jersey and they did the wrong player. They def have no excuse for that. At the very least, they owe you a new jersey and you should not pay another penny because of their incompetence.

Even if you would "settle" for Kesler I would still say the mistake was theirs and they did not give you what you ordered. I would ask that they send you the wrongly customized jersey at no charge (what's it going to cost them, a few dollars worth of twill + labor?), or have them keep the jersey and send you back a new blank one (which might cost them what, $55-60 or so?). If you ask them to customize it right this time, and they charge you their regular fee, that will cover their loss for the new jersey and they might even end up making a little money off you anyway. To have to pay $95 and take a jersey with possible damage to it because of their mistake (not yours) is not a risk you should have to take.

just sent them an email so we'll see tomorrow, LAK74 I couldn't agree better, they did a fantastic job with the two olympic jerseys i sent with the canuck one, it just doesn't make any sense.

It's not really a question of customization quality here, it's about standing by your work, owning up to your mistakes and not making your customer pay for them. Good luck with everything and please let us know how things work out.

Email I sent out: like to have other options available about this, I thought that would be the jersey would work out but in this case and unfortunately did not happen, I feel there should be a replacement for this for no cost considering I brought in a blank jersey with no flaws at all and the Players Name/Number its not what I ordered, I really would like to see if we can really work out something out because I find the current options that are available too limiting in what just transpired now and I'm not currently pleased with the final result and I feel its not fair to me at all. Thank you for understanding my concern about this and I'm sure we can come to some kind of agreement.

Cheers,

Jerecho Abe

LAK74 thanks for the advice, really helped out a bunch. I'll keep everyone posted about this.

Update***

Email I got today:

I have emailed the company about options. I will let you know when I hear. At this point we cant say for sure that there would be damage. There is always the possibity of that happening. We may have to resend the jersey and try to see if they are able to fix it without any damage and then go from there. They have more experience in removing and replacing it then you or I do.
Once I hear from them I will let you know.
I'll keep you guys posted on this.

Alright I finally got word about whats going to happen and this is what they sent me:

We will be looking after the jersey no need to worry. The normal timeframe will still apply but I will try my best to get it proceeded quicker.

So everything is going to turn out well.

• 2 months later...