eBay Sellers using YOUR pictures

NYIJM29

That is NOT the picture of the jersey from the listing I purchased. The one in the photo from that listing was a CCM with the CCM logo and NHL shield on the hem, just like the Ultrafils, but it was airknit material (switched to those in '96 or '97 I believe I was told in another thread).

Also, in reviewing his feedback, I don't see mine. I was definitely looking at one of his jerseys but now I am wondering if maybe I didn't buy his and it was someone else's.

A sign was buying too many jerseys, perhaps. :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is NOT the picture of the jersey from the listing I purchased. The one in the photo from that listing was a CCM with the CCM logo and NHL shield on the hem, just like the Ultrafils, but it was airknit material (switched to those in '96 or '97 I believe I was told in another thread).

Also, in reviewing his feedback, I don't see mine. I was definitely looking at one of his jerseys but now I am wondering if maybe I didn't buy his and it was someone else's.

A sign was buying too many jerseys, perhaps. :)

Wasn't comparing it to yours. I'm pretty sure I've seen Kurt's pictures with this rug in it.

And his Yzerman looks like one of JAV's pics.

Wasn't comparing it to yours. I'm pretty sure I've seen Kurt's pictures with this rug in it.

Thanks Tom, that is mine haha. And it was a puck/stick mark on the sleeve not a hole. It's weird because it has been almost 2 years now since I have sold that jersey, it's not recent or anything. I can't believe he just relisted it as we were talking about it...It's pretty funny.

No, I had speculated it was the picture from the listing I had seen and purchased, but that confirmed it wasn't.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit of a hassle. But you can water mark your picture using any program, even Windows Paint. Just a small bit of writing in the centre that says property of_____ not for sale on eBay or anywhere else.

If it's for your personal blog or gallery, and you don't want to water mark it for what ever reason, there's always a chance somebody will steal the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Happens to me that I am aware of from time to time, but I'm sure there's a lot of usage of my pics I'm never aware of.

I've seen mine on apps for iphone, videos released by USA hockey and even intermission segments by local NHL teams on their TV broadcasts.

Pretty much anyone who wants to use mine can, as long as they are not using them to sell something. Then I find it lazy at best and misleading at it's worst.

If it's fake, I sure don't want to be any part of deceiving people, and if it's not, take your own photos to show exactly what you are selling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=271418894096

Here is somebody using my Kreider gamer photo in his listing... Emailed seller and reported to Ebay :/

Well what a lazy tool to be stealing pics of a gamer when it's a crappy premier.

Yep.. He took the photo down quickly... No longer an issue...