Do NHL team stores use team customizers for customization?

joe092690

Hey guys, does anyone know if a team's store (the arena store or the team's online store/NHL.com) use the same customizer that the team uses for their jersey customization?

For instance, I recently bought one of the new Sabres third jerseys, the Premier version. I chose to get Matt Moulson. I bought it right after a Sabres game at one of the stores inside First Niagara Center. I plan on buying all blank jerseys for my collection and having them sent out to the customizer each team uses for their actual on-ice jerseys.

Since I bought my Moulson jersey at the arena, do you guys think it was customized by whoever does the Sabres' jerseys for the team? I'm worried my Moulson may not be 100% accurate since I didn't send it to the team's actual customizer but I'd think it would be accurate if it was being sold right at the arena. Also, I bought a Briere jersey there years ago when it was still HSBC, the black and red goat one, so I guess my question includes that jersey as well. Just hoping these two I picked up there are accurate.

What about NHL.com or the team's online store? Do they use the team customizers for theirs?

Regarding the individual pro shops, it varies by team. The Bruins Pro Shop uses the same supplier as the team. Other stores? Who knows. You could ask the nice people at HSBC's pro shop and hope that they know. The current supplier for the Sabres is a company called Big Bear Contract Embroidery in Buffalo (http://nybear.com). However, you would need to give your shirt to the pro-shop for them to send it to Big Bear, since they only work by contract, not with individuals.

Regarding the individual pro shops, it varies by team. The Bruins Pro Shop uses the same supplier as the team. Other stores? Who knows. You could ask the nice people at HSBC's pro shop and hope that they know. The current supplier for the Sabres is a company called Big Bear Contract Embroidery in Buffalo (http://nybear.com). However, you would need to give your shirt to the pro-shop for them to send it to Big Bear, since they only work by contract, not with individuals.

So you think it's quite possible it was customized through who the Sabres use? I'll have to go and ask for sure I suppose.

stay away from NHL.com as it is well documented here they blow chunks.

I can't vouch for the arena in Buffalo, but here in Minnesota, if you bought a replica blank and wanted it customized with a pretty popular player, the Xcel has pre cut names, numbers, etc and would heat press them on the spot for people. You could opt out for that and have them sent out to the team customizer if you wanted it to all be stitched down.

call up the Sabres shop and ask them about their process. For other teams I know the forum had a long running thread of official team customizers.

So you think it's quite possible it was customized through who the Sabres use? I'll have to go and ask for sure I suppose.

It is quite possible, and the only way to find out is to ask someone who knows.

Also, if you're only worried about accuracy to the font style as opposed to who put the letters on, if you check your shirt against some images of Matt Moulson wearing the same style, you'll soon find out how close it is.

Hey guys, does anyone know if a team's store (the arena store or the team's online store/NHL.com) use the same customizer that the team uses for their jersey customization?

Not all teams do.

NHL.com was using Stahls at one point. I believe someone said they were now using Fanatics.