Reebok/Adidas contract to supply NHL jerseys may be extended

Griff

Very strange to have both Adidas and Reebok logos on the same piece of clothing. New marketing ploy or factory botching? Reebok Speedwick vs . Adidas Climalite kind of like Chevy Silverado vs. GMC Sierra?

It's not that strange considering you have Reebok and CCM logos on jerseys now.

I just hope that the NHL doesn't just hop into another 10 year deal with Adidas without letting Underarmor or others bid.

Honestly, I cannot tell the difference between the Speedwick and Climalite shirts (or at least the difference between the Speedwick shirts and my Hofstra Adidas climalite)

"Is it a foul to put Callahan on a Rangers Edge 3.1 Addidas wordmark, even though these didn't come out until after he was traded to Florida?"

Future me would like to know.

Well...the Rangers, (like most of the NHL save Edmonton) will actually upgrade to the Edge 4.0 with Adidas stripes after the 2017-2018 pre-season so no Ranger would have ever worn a 3.1 in a regular season game.

I was gonna suggest getting a 3 stripe patch off a G.I. SpeedMesh practice jersey and covering the wordmark with it.

But make sure the grain is running the right way, 'cause....... :huh:

But make sure the grain is running the right way, 'cause....... :huh:

And whatever you do, don't cross the streams.

Talbot knows.

Okay. While the futuristic speculation is always fun i heard from a source that the adidas move is a branding decision to try and get into the international market and compete vs nike. It makes sense to rebrand rbk into adidas at the NHL level if your plans are to dethrone nike from international jerseys. I agree i think of soccer when i see adidas but then again proplayer always made me think of compression shorts not hockey and they managed a couple nice jerseys.

Honestly I don't think switching from Reebok to Adidas means much more than just a name change. That's why I'm hoping the NHL let's the current contract expire without renewing it and let others bid on the next contract.

Honestly I don't think switching from Reebok to Adidas means much more than just a name change. That's why I'm hoping the NHL let's the current contract expire without renewing it and let others bid on the next contract.

I agree with this. It could be nothing more than just a logo change on the exact same product, as it's the same company.

If another company got the contract, could be different.

I can't wait until Nike gets the NHL contract and Adidas/Reebok get the IIHF contract, and the inevitable bitching about how everything was better in the good old days when it was the other way around.

Yeah let's see all the bitching when Nike brings the swift raincoat to the NHL and jacks up the msrp $100

Nike and RBK/Adidas are equally bad right now in my book. I was hoping maybe UnderArmour or someone else. I'm guessing SP is too small, but I love their jerseys. Just want something different than the junk Nike and Reebok have been putting out lately.

In my opinion OT Sports has some great quality jerseys, pro and replica. And they're made in the U.S.

In my experience the jerseys OT has done for the ECHL seemed to be much cheaper in quality than SP and others.

In my experience the jerseys OT has done for the ECHL seemed to be much cheaper in quality than SP and others.

The CHL/Wichita Thunder have used OT for many years and I've got two gamers from '10-'11 are still in great shape. And I've got a team issued one from that year and it is good quality. I've got a couple other gamers from 2000-2002. The sizing is a little slim in the mid sections but they are are still a quality product. SP is also a quality product.