2009 Winter Classic question

WingedWheelers

I know that all the retail 2009 Red Wings Winter Classic jerseys I saw in stores were made with Edge 1.0 material, does anyone know if the team wore 1.0 or 2.0 on the ice for the game? I know they switched to 2.0, I just don't know when.

If they wore 2.0, were any jerseys sold at retail with edge 2.0? I was thinking about possibly searching for one (yes, I konw it would probably break the bank), but didn't want to search for something that doesn't exist.

Someone around here must have a gamer and can provide me with some info.

According to Meigray's population report, the gamers were all Edge 2.0.

As far as I know, no 2.0's were made available at retail (other than the game-worn jerseys).

Yeah they weren't made available to the public.

I remember someone on here scrounged up a blank 2.0 from somewhere but I don't recall where (I think it was at the Hockeytown shop)....I was very envious.

Yeah they weren't made available to the public.

I remember someone on here scrounged up a blank 2.0 from somewhere but I don't recall where (I think it was at the Hockeytown shop)....I was very envious.

<This guy did! And it was indeed from Hockeytown at the past equipment sale.

After the current WC game, I'll finally be taking it in to get Lidstrom put on it.

The one curious thing about it though... They wore the 2.0 WC style jerseys, minus the WC patch, one more time at the end of the season that year. They were a completely different set as they had the typical Wings/Sports Haven Set Tags in them. However, for the WC game they only had the Meigray tags. So I can't really be sure as to whether or not the one I snagged was for the actual WC game, or if it was for the other game. I had already washed it as it had a "storage room" odor, so the born on sticker is no longer there. Either way it doesn't bother me one bit as they are nearly impossible to find. I just got lucky.

Not to get too off topic, but I sort of have a similar question as WingedWheelers. I wonder if the 2014 Alumni gamers are going to be 2.0... I would love to snag one if they are

I would love it if that is the case. I guess I just don't see a reason for Reebok to commit to making a reinforced jersey with a fight strap for the old timers...unless McCarty and Domi decide they both want to go out with a "bang".

• 7 months later...

Anyone know what the red wings use for their nameplates, specifically the 2009 wc jersey, about to letter up my retail 1.0 and wanna be as precise as possible, also who did the lettering