Your Preference? 1.0 vs. 2.0 & Vector vs. Word

StayFrosty

So players like Alfie or Weiss may have the new style while Howard or Hank may have the REEBOK patch sewn over a Vector? I was surprised to read that players would keep older styles and teams would just modify stuff like this.

I'm fairly certain that the only reason the vector logo's were covered up was to save from having to ordering a whole new shipment for just a couple jerseys. I'm sure even the teams have to order a certain minimum number of jerseys per shipment from Reebok rather than just an odd one here or there.

Something that may support this is the fact that the majority of Predators game-worn/issued EDGE jerseys that Tootoo wore were size 52. All the jerseys that Tootoo wore for the Red Wings that I have physically seen were size 54-56 with custom shortened sleeves. Unless he decided he wanted a bigger cut, I would assume they didn't want to order a whole new shipment for Toots to get his usual size 52. I believe the last players to wear a size 52 for the Wings were Chelios and Hudler, and I'm sure they have sold off all their remaining stock of vector 52's since then as I have a quite a few of them.

Wish more players wore (or teams ordered) 52's. Wearing 56 or 58 is unnecessary. Not saying I want the jersey skin tight, but there's still plenty of movement with a smaller size.

Wish more players wore (or teams ordered) 52's. Wearing 56 or 58 is unnecessary. Not saying I want the jersey skin tight, but there's still plenty of movement with a smaller size.

Wearing 56 or 58 is unnecessary says who? We the fans who want something smaller, or the professional who has to wear the ###### thing over pads every night? I have a couple of size 54 gamers, the rest are 56's plus one 58+. The only 52 I can remember seeing is a Danny Briere.

Perhaps 'unnecessary' was the wrong word to use. Being 5-11" / 170lbs a 54 fits (me) just fine with full on pads.

Case in point, Andrew Shaw is swimming in these press photos!

shaw-full_slide.jpg

Wearing 56 or 58 is unnecessary says who? We the fans who want something smaller, or the professional who has to wear the ###### thing over pads every night? I have a couple of size 54 gamers, the rest are 56's plus one 58+. The only 52 I can remember seeing is a Danny Briere.