Your Preference? 1.0 vs. 2.0 & Vector vs. Word

StayFrosty

I understand quite a few people around here care about whether or not they get a 1.0 or 2.0 jersey.

What's your preference?

And also, does it matter to you which Reebok logo your jersey has on the back?

I prefer 2.0 jerseys just because they fit nicer with a lighter feel, plus it's what the players wear. So I do prefer the Reebok word logo too.

Only thing is, I'm not sure how much I should care about these details. As an Oilers fan, I seem to have lots of cheap option available if I don't care about these details.

While I'm at it, can anyone confirm for me whether or not the Oilers are still wearing 1.0 jerseys?

If you want a jersey to be accurate to what a particular player wore in a specific year, the details matter. Oilers and 2.0 don't go together until this season (maybe last). Most Preds have worn 2.0s for years, except certain players like Erat and O'Brien ... so it matters even as the league migrated from vectors to wordmarks. Even that is not 100% ... a few players wore vectors after the league transferred to the wordmark.

The bigger question is are you trying to have accurate jerseys or jerseys that you think are more comfortable?

Thanks for the info you provided.

In my case, I really just want something that looks good and is authentic. But indeed, I have noticed that 2.0's do feel nicer than 1.0's, so I guess that does matter to me a little bit. But with some of the deals on Ebay for vector logos and 1.0's, I sort of wonder if I should just take advantage of the deals even if it is not exactly what I want.... I mean, down to those last few details, not that many people notice.

While I'm at it, can anyone confirm for me whether or not the Oilers are still wearing 1.0 jerseys?

The Oilers went 2.0 starting in 2012-13.

As an Oiler fan, you're luckier than everyone else in that you can buy a 1.0 knowing it is still the correct on-ice authentic used by the team during every season the 1.0 was produced for retail. The rest of us have bought 1.0's knowing that for the most part, except for 2007-08, what we bought is not what the players used.

I currently have two 2.0's and the more I handle them, the less I like 1.0's.

I prefer the 2.0, definitely.

As for wordmark vs. vector, that's not really a question of preference, but of accuracy, and so I want whatever is correct for whichever jersey I happen to be customizing.

^ What he said.

I'm all over the place with EDGE jerseys. I prefer the slimness of the body in 1.0, but the sleeves of a 2.0. I also prefer the x-trafil on the shoulders of 1.0 (reminds me of ultrafil). Other than the shoulders (and I suppose the elbows), the rest of the 1.0 material is complete crap. Never really been a fan of air knit in any jersey.

I prefer the Vector over the word mark which I just find lame. Wasn't Reebok's reasoning so that people would properly identify with the brand? If you need to write out the name of your brand for people to identify you, I think you have larger problems! Nike, Adidas, Under Armor, etc, etc, all have logos that are instantly recognizable and they don't appear to be having any identity problems.

But in the end... THIS VVV

Who cares?
-Ultrafil.

I like the 2.0 cause it is what most players wear. The 1.0 is slimmer but the sleeves are too long and it gets pulls easy. I have both though, and do wear my 1.0s often. Do not care about the vector or wordmark, Hawks have won the cup in both!

Prefer the Vector. Have you seen the AHL jerseys with the “Reebok” wordmark? Probably 25% larger than that on the NHL jerseys. Really too much.

Much prefer the 2.0 over the 1.0, confirming the NHL’s decision to abandon the latter after a short time. Better fit. More durable materials.

I only buy gamers so the accuracy question is kind of a moot point. The last authentic non gameworn I ever bought was in 1998. Paul Coffey was traded to the Hawks on June 27th of that year. A couple of weeks later I bought a nice customized Nike authentic. $350 and only 10 games later Paul was traded to the Hurricanes. That was the end of my authentics journey. I'm glad to have that jersey now, but I felt extremely burned at the time. I only have one 1.0, a Mn Wild home and it's way more comfortable than any of my 2.0s. Its got snags all over it, which none of the 2.0s have. While my 2.0s exhibit board burns on the elbows, the 1.0 has holes worn through, plus major pilling that the 2.0s don't have. If you're buying gamers the 1.0s are preferable to me since they are less sturdy and show more wear. As far as wordmark vs vector it doesn't play a factor in my decisions. I must admit though I am a little excited to be getting my first 2 wordmark jerseys into the collection. Just something different. 2011-12 Chris Stewart road Blues and a 2011-12 Jay Rosehill road Leafs with a 13" team sewn repair.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer the 2.0's. I mostly buy Red Wings jerseys, and it's what the team wears. I think the 1.0 doesn't hold up that well, I have yet to find one at retail what doesn't have some sort of snag. For example, I wanted to get a 2009 Wings WC authentic. Went to 3 different stores in the Detroit area, and they all had bad snags in them. I think they snag if you look at them funny. I ended up buying a replica since they were made with air knit.

My 2.0 has been worn for more than 3 years to games, wrestling with the kids, etc, and still looks brand new.

Wordmark or vector, doesn't matter to me.

Don't most players just have a REEBOK patch sewn over the Vector? Thats what several red Wings appear to have.

I actually like 1.0's just for the fit. I find air-knit agitating without long sleeves. However I find myself wearing my jerseys less and less as I've gotten older. So as far as collecting goes, 2.0's, since they are more desirable for the time being. Until we all see how valuable 1.0's become, a jersey made for 4-5 years and a desirable material, look out money maker in 15-20 years.

Don't most players just have a REEBOK patch sewn over the Vector? Thats what several red Wings appear to have.

Now they actually make the jerseys without logos on them, they sew on the Reebok wordmark patch. It wouldn't make any sense anymore to make new jerseys with vector logos on them if they were just going to sew a Reebok wordmark logo over it.

So players like Alfie or Weiss may have the new style while Howard or Hank may have the REEBOK patch sewn over a Vector? I was surprised to read that players would keep older styles and teams would just modify stuff like this.

Edited by NordFan27