Official Stanley Cup Thread

Unfortunately summertime activites are preventing me from watching a lot of it. From the roundups I read, it seems that the Ducks are really putting it to the Sens (despite the closeness of the score)- game 3 is HUGE for this series...

The Ducks have been very physical from what I've seen. The R. Niedermayer-Pahlsson-Moen line has been DEADLY for the Sens. I've really liked Rob Niedermayer in this series.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ducks have been very physical from what I've seen. The R. Niedermayer-Pahlsson-Moen line has been DEADLY for the Sens. I've really liked Rob Niedermayer in this series.

I think I backed the wrong horse in this one. The above mentioned line is getting it done, Getzlaf and Perry have been a handful for the Senators to keep up with, and the Sens' big scorers are making Ottawa look like the playoff flops that they usually are. The Senators turn the puck over in the NZ way too much, also. Bryan Murray looked pretty befuddled and nervous in the post-game press conference.

History says that 77% of game one winners win the Stanley Cup. Ottawa will have to win four out of the next five if they are to bring the Cup back to Canada. :skaterred:

I've had a weird feeling about Anaheim all season. I'm kinda wondering if this is going to be a sweep. Hopefully Ottawa will fare better on their home ice.

I think they will be although if the Ducks can split on the road this series is over considering how well Giggy is playing at home.

I picked the DUCKS at the beginning of the season and it looks as though my prediction may come true...

When your checking line is scoring and shutting down the opponents #1 line it bodes well.

Jiggy has been solid and the team hasnt even opened the cannons from the point...

I think they will split in Ottawa..

I hadn't seen much of the Ducks this season, but that Perry kid can play. The pairing of him and Getzlaf should be a feared duo for years to come if Anaheim keeps them together.

Ottawa managed to get their offense going, they managed to get around Anaheim's physical play tonight. Great series so far, looking forward to Game 4 on Monday.

Should Pronger get suspended for the McAmmond hit?

Yes. That was a blatant elbow to the head. I think that was a worse hit than his hit on Holmstrom.

Should Pronger get suspended for the McAmmond hit?

Yes. That was a blatant elbow to the head. I think that was a worse hit than his hit on Holmstrom.

Pronger suspended for Game 4.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...tory?id=2891896

Boy did he get off easy. That hit warranted at least 2 games...ESPECIALLY since he's already been suspended in the playoffs this year! Wake up Colin.

Boy did he get off easy. That hit warranted at least 2 games...ESPECIALLY since he's already been suspended in the playoffs this year! Wake up Colin.

I think the suspension was fair.

Though i believe NEIL's hit on MAcdonald was equally vicious

It just goes to show the inconsistency in the refereeing of this league. It's really becoming borderline comical. Every single hooking and holding penalty gets called regardless of the nature but 75% of the hits that cause or intend to cause injuries AREN'T called and as a result more players are getting hurt. There really need to be hard-and-fast rules about what is a penalty and what isn't when it comes to these guys going high and/or to the head. Maybe there needs to be a zero-tolerance policy when it comes to head-shots. If you head a guy in the head, whether it be intentional or not, you get suspended. That would be the only way to stop them from happening.

That move by Alfredsson at the end of the second was completely stupid and classless. I don't care what has happened up to that point, you don't shoot the puck at another player like that ever (except for goaltenders of course)

Another great game. Heading to Anaheim with a chance for the Ducks to win it all in front of their fans.

That move by Alfredsson at the end of the second was completely stupid and classless. I don't care what has happened up to that point, you don't shoot the puck at another player like that ever (except for goaltenders of course)

Agreed! That was completely bushleague. I heard them make a comment that Pronger and some other Ducks not dressed for this game will remember that play for the next game.

Loved seeing Don Cherry on the broadcast too!

Pronger will be playing out of his mind he just a ton of motivation if he didn't have enough already. Should be a good one on Wednesday.

That move by Alfredsson at the end of the second was completely stupid and classless. I don't care what has happened up to that point, you don't shoot the puck at another player like that ever (except for goaltenders of course

That'll teach me to jump in the shower with 1:30 left in the period! I had to watch the replay when I got out. Stupid, stupid, stupid. It reminded me a lot of that toolbox Bernie Nicholls when he shot the puck at Glenn Anderson during the waning seconds of Game 6 of the 1994 ECF. If Campbell has any sense in him, Alfredsson won't play tomorrow.

Alfies move was classless but I LOVE the fact Scotty had a little talk and jostle with him after the incident.

The fact that Scotty also refused to discuss the issue ad nauseum also shows his class.

I guarantee thats a rallying cry ( the incident) for the Ducks heading home...

The second penalty may have been a bad call, but the Senators are playing sloppy as that is now 3 penalties in less than 6 minutes.

Ducks came out and did everything they had to do. Congrats to the Ducks and all their fans.

Seeing Selanne raise the Cup was a great sight. Every year there seems to be one player you just want to see win it, and this was his year.

Congratulations Ducks for a great final and a great season.