My First Jersey

villavelocity

First jersey was a 92-93 Boston Bruins Authentic. Parents bought it for me for my birthday. Like an idiot, I wore it when I played pickup hockey. Luckily, it didn't get damaged and after a good cleaning, the sweat stains came out. It's in very good condition still and being a size 48 still fits me very well. My second jersey was a Leafs 94 jersey that my brother bought for me for Christmas. I think he got it on clearance for $100. Pretty awesome at the time but he gave my other brother an authentic Joe Sakic Nords Home jersey. Also bought on clearance when the team moved to Colorado. I think I would rather have had that jersey instead.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump! My first jersey (I still have it and might wear it to a Ranger game if I get to one when I go back to NJ) is a replica Rangers Koho Jersey from 2003. I had been into hockey truly for a year and watched every game of the 2002-03 season (not that I followed it that much because I was in 6th grade). All I knew was the Rangers were awesome, even thought they didn't win that much. Well that summer, I got to go to Canada for a week with a camp I was in. We got to go to Toronto, and guess where we got to go? The Hall of Fame, ON MY BIRTHDAY! I begged my parents for extra money so I could get the greatest birthday present ever: A Rangers Sweater. Well I got my picture with Lord Stanely, but what, there's only a customized Rangers jersey for too much money! Pavel Bure none the less. I was basically in tears, looking throughout the whole store in the Hockey Hall of Fame trying desperately to find my beloved jersey. I don't remember what team section it was in but there was ONE Rangers sweater. A blue one too :D! Well it was cheap, so I bought an autographed Rod Gilbert Puck and a pin too!!!!! Luckily I found it, otherwise my first jersey would have been a Lemieux HOF jersey. Well I love that jersey, and break it out from time to time (its a little small) but I still have it. Buying that jersey sparked me buying replica jerseys from time to time (I have a whole bunch not pictured in my collection), and then Brilliant! got me into authentics. Well I love my Rangers jerseys, and am still lucky I found one that day :)

My first jersey was a NIKE 1998-1999 Sundin Home jersey with Memories and Dreams patch, sz 48. I remember it very well because I bought it at the ACC some 10 years ago. I originally want the alternate one but when I got there it was sold out. This jersey is still in my collection.

My 1st jersey was back in 91.A Quebec Nordiques replica that my parents bought for me when they went to Canada. I wore that thing everywhere and it has since been handed down to my nephew due to sizing issues lol..

• 2 months later...

Around 13 years old, Christmas time, my parents got me a black Flyers jersey customized with my name and number on it. Does not fit me now, but I figure if I ever have kids some day, they can have it

Edited by PYLrulz

My first was an Eric Lindros Flyers CCM replica home jersey. I bought it myself and had it customized at a local flea market (yes you heard right, probably the only guy on here who's done that!)

Assuming the "jersey" T-shirts which were game giveaways at Capital Centre of Scott Stevens and Bengt Gustafsson don't count, I had a kids-sized Caps home white as a kid that has mysteriously vanished over the years. It was probably similar to this - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=400085361158 - as I'm pretty sure the letters and stars were screened on, it was just obviously much smaller than this Ebay one. I also have vague memories of having a red one as a kid, but that one has also vanished over time.

My first jersey that I could still currently wear (what I'd really consider my first jersey for purposes of this thread) was a CCM Ultrafil blue Caps jersey which I ordered from RCS via my friend's catalog after he wore his blue Ultrafil Sabres jersey to school (they may have had a website at the time, but it didn't yet sell anything) about 15 years ago. Since I was then about 14 or 15, I found it quite amusing at the time that the box it arrived in was a Molson shipping box (either a 12 or 24 pack). It looks most like this one - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=330370679048 - but the CCM tag is the red/blue one w/o the eagle and was actually screened on. None of my other NHL CCMs are like that, but I have a black Portland Pirates Ultrafil from that era and it has the same screening of the CCM tag.

• 1 month later...

First post from all the way down in New Zealand.

First Jersey was a 99 Coyotes Keith Tkachuk Captains Jersey...that was from the Years when Tkachuk, Ronick and Toccet were the front line (and my default team in NHL 99). Still have it, its beat up from lots of use (seeing as I was all of 11 at the time...). Still use it as my Jersey when I go for public skates.

My fiance just brought me an Igninla flames 30th aniversary jersey for my birthday, and I have a sneaking suspicion that i will also be the recipient of an edge Coyotes Doan jersey for xmas...

My first jersey was a green Minnesota Wild replica I got a probably six or seven years ago when I was in Junior High. Doesn't fit me now too well, and it has some autographs on the crest from the announcers and a few lesser-known players at the time.

My first jersey technically is a Leafs jersey/shirt from the 50's. Autographed by Johnny B. Got it from my old neighbor when I was a kid. I honestly don't know if it was something worn on the ice or not. It's at my parents in storage, I'll have to go get it sometime and check out the tags.