My First Jersey

villavelocity

For my ninth birthday, an old Ranger's sweater with the number nine. I still have it.

Ohhh man you were coming along so nicely! What happened??

I still have my first jersey. Nothing special; an old Starter(remember them?) white Rangers jersey that I got from my uncle(who just happens to have season tickets) in 1989 and wore to every game until about 4 years ago. Good stuff.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike the Rangers - I'm just a Buffalo fan. I haven't always been - I like teams who have players that appeal to me and whose overall style of hockey is most enjoyable in my opinion. For the past eight or so years, I've noticed that the Sabres have the best scouting and minor league system in the league - always a fan of young players - they caught my attention and have produced many of my favorite players now in Campbell, Roy, Vanek, Pominville. That's why they're my favorite.

You know I'll tell you, outside of Hasek(I hate him), I've always kinda had a soft spot for the Sabres. I think it was because I loved those old jerseys so much. They always seemed to have a great team too. I remember watching them upset a lot of big teams in that old Adams Division.

My first jersey was a white Minnesota North Stars jersey from the early 80's with the black trim. They had given out some discount coupons for merch and I wanted to get that jersey, but had to wait for it because it was out of stock. I took it to a local store to get Neal Broten's #7 put on it once it arrived.

They did it in some generic font and I've hated incorrectly customized jerseys with a passion ever since. :angry::angry::angry:

My second was later that same year when I got a Minnesota Gophers late 70's style maroon one.

• 2 years later...

My first was an authentic Kyle Mclaren Teal San Jose Sharks jersey i got from the team store a while back. i love that jersey. since then i got a white Nabokov from here, and a new black Marleau at the team store. i love those as well.

GO SHARKS!!!!!

I got a white Gretzky, Oilers jersey for my eight birthday in 1988. I wore that shirt all the time for a couple years. One day I got a fruit punch stain on it and as hard as my mom tried to get it out, that stain would not disappear. I remember wanting to wear it for my school picture and got in an argument over it with my parents. The day before I was to take my school picture I found a box on my bed right before bedtime. I opened the box to find a 1991 black and silver Gretzky LA Kings jersey. I was the happiest kid on the planet. My mom had written on a note in the box: "Good luck staining this one".

I still have the LA jersey but somehow lost my Edmonton jersey throughout the years. Not that I could wear it now. (ha ha ha)

the first one I remember owning is a red CCM Hawks jersey that I got sometime in the late 80s and still have. I went to my first Hawks game around 1981 or so when I was like 2, so I may have had little kid ones that I outgrew and my parents got rid of, but I don't remember.

My first jersey was a red Devils jersey my parents got for me once they realized I was hooked on the sport after going to a Devils and Blackhawks game when I was in first grade during the 92-93 season.

My second jersey was a white Rangers jersey my uncle got me a couple years later. If that's not ironic enough, this came from the same guy that got me tickets to that Devils game. :lol:

I don't have that Devils jersey anymore but I still have the Rangers jersey. I know this is gonna annoy a lot of people here, but I now use it as a doormat. :P

My first ever jersey was a WBS Penguins warmup jersey from the 2002-2003 season; uncustomized. It was an 18th birthday present from my dad; I had only been into hockey for about a year.

First ever customized jersey I got was a Baby Pens Tyler Kennedy jersey. That triggered my collecting habit. Oh, the good old days of beautifully customized CCM jerseys.

• 2 months later...

My first jersey was when I was five and played for the Westfort Pipe Traders. Here's a pic of my wearing that style of jersey. I don't know if this counts because back then we didn't get to keep the jerseys; the first one i got to keep was a red jersey with this team.

When I was a kid I had a flyers jacket, and my mom sewed a big blues crest on the back of a winter jacket.

The first jersey I remember buying for myself was a ccm blue and gold buffalo sabres jersey.

pic on facebook

My first jersey was a white habs jersey that I received as a gift from my parents when I was 6 years old. I wore the jersey 24/7, even sleeping. I still have it. I had my name on it and number 42. Why number 42? Because it was the number of the bus that brought me to school every morning and at that age, I wanted to grow up to be a bus driver :)

I should actually post pictures of the jersey.

My grandfather bought me my first hockey jersey when I was 13. It was a blank Starter Pittsburgh Penguins home jersey. I was living in Indiana at the time, and I was visiting my family in Pittsburgh. My grandfather (or Pap as I call him) took me to a department store called Hills (I think it was similar to Kmart or WalMart). I remember seeing it on the rack and trying it on in the store. I was so excited. I still have it, however, it's seen better days! A few years later I was visiting again and there were no more jerseys at Hills, but I did snag a Darius Kasparaitis t-shirt!

I had my first jersey when I was 11. My father brought me to a jersey store and asked which jersey do i like..We bought it for about 230 bucks that time..

So which jersey was it?

xune what jersey is in your avatar? It looks like south african colours, but I've never seen a jersey like that.

I can't remember what my first jersey was. It might have been a mighty ducks jersey, because i liked the movies. Or it might have been a bruins jersey. I still have the bruins one but the ducks has disappeared

xune what jersey is in your avatar? It looks like south african colours, but I've never seen a jersey like that.

I can't remember what my first jersey was. It might have been a mighty ducks jersey, because i liked the movies. Or it might have been a bruins jersey. I still have the bruins one but the ducks has disappeared

yup. its a south africa jersey.. im trying to get both home and away from a south african player at the moment.. heres some bigger pics.. its frikin gorgeous..

dsc01913l.jpg

dsc01906jjy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

When i was younger i had this great fascination with ducks.

And since the Mighty Ducks did not exist at the time, i settled for the Penguins

When my dad was on a business trip to Pittsburgh, he brought back one of the black, white and yellow penguins jerseys with the logo they currently use on the chest. I loved it, it looks like crap now....

but i still have it...

yup. its a south africa jersey.. im trying to get both home and away from a south african player at the moment.. heres some bigger pics.. its frikin gorgeous..

Sorry to derail this thread but dude that black jersey is awesome. If those were easy to get I would definitely have one. Those stripes look great with the black background, especially the green and yellow down the sleeves.

Sorry to derail this thread but dude that black jersey is awesome. If those were easy to get I would definitely have one. Those stripes look great with the black background, especially the green and yellow down the sleeves.

I agree. Getting in contact with the guy who has them has been such a pain in the Arse. Ive been trying to get these for almost 6 months now... the only ive ever seen in existence for sure. He has about 6 other South Africa jerseys for sale too..(he plays for the national team)

Back in the 90's my dad drove all the way from my hometown in the netherlands to germany for a Anaheim Mighty Ducks jersey.

It was the jersey with the green straight bar on top of the jersey and under the collar white.

I still have this jersey and im proud of it . However its a bit too small nowadays :D

My parents bought me my first jersey back in 93 when the Maple Leafs were making there playoff run before getting knocked out by Los Angeles. It was a medium replica with Potvin on the back. I remember wearing it to school all the time and playing ball hockey with it. It still have it and actually tried it on a few weeks back and surprisingly it still fits, it's like a t-shirt on me now but whatever.

First jersey I ever bought was a red CCM knock-off Red Wings jersey for like $20. Then a white wings Starter cheapie. Then the first "real" jersey i bought was a red Zetterberg RBK premier from ebay.

Bear in mind I'm an aussie and good jerseys are hard to come by :(