Ovi's custom sleeves

thepunisher767

It is just warmups, he tucks his jersey in then as well but follows the rule during the game.

I know he tucks his jersey in, but his sleeves have been altered/extended. It just looks weird the way it was done.

Actually, on second look at more images, it almost looks as if his elbow pads have the jersey colors/design to make it looks like a sleeve....

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/alex-ovechkin-of-the-washington-capitals-skates-on-october-news-photo/183654487

sneaky sneaky

It looks more and more to me like the equipment manager had sewn on air-knit to his elbow pads to match his jersey. Otherwise they would have had to come from the factory like that... which would suck because breaking in one pair of elbow pads is annoying enough :noway: .

The elbow pads are ordered and made that way special for him, not altered by the equipment manager. He is special. A special pain the A@#. If he worried about playing team defense and less on his sleeves or jersey being tucked in, they might win a Cup, Mike Green is no different, worried more about his jersey then moving people from the front of his net.

I can't even imagine trying to break in THREE pairs of elbow pads... regardless of using them in practice. In my opinion they are the most annoying piece of equipment to break in.