Early 90s Penguins customization

PensFan77

Hey all, decided to come back after taking a few months away.

Anyway, I was at the Penguins home opener the other night, managed to get Student Rush tickets, and during the 1st intermission, took a walk to the PensGear store on the main concourse. Upon walking inside, I saw that they had the black and white throwbacks from the 1991 and 1992 Cup years. Some precustomized with Mario Lemieux and others blank. As much as I would've loved to have gotten both jerseys, I ended up grabbing a black, knowing that in time I will get a white one as well.

As a result of it being blank, I get to choose who I want to put on it and I figured that before I did that, I would come here and ask for the proper specs on customizing these jerseys. I'm assuming the numbers are stacked as opposed to kiss-cut? And for the sake of asking, what would be the proper nameplate? I've also been looking around for the patches (Badger Bob, 25th anniversary, and 1992 SC Final), and since this is a replica, I have no problems using reproduction patches. But does anyone have links to a company or companies that produce the best reproductions? As for who to put on it, I'm undecided right now, but leaning towards either Joey Mullen, Phil Bourque (the ol' Two-Niner), or Jay Caufield.

Without further ado, here are a couple of quick pics.

1381083725_zps431db087.jpg

1381083730_zps45114d7d.jpg

Also, I'm probably going to use House o' Hockey in Murrysville, PA to do the customizing since I was really pleased with the customizing they did for the Kunitz powder blue alternate that I got for my brother for Christmas last year. However, before I commit to using them, can anyone tell me if their customization is right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BOURQUE-CCM-CLASSIC-SIGNED-REPLICA-PENGUINS-JERSEY-THE-OL-TWO-NINER-STANLEY-CUP-/400464885004?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&var=&hash=item9c04220e3a

Thank you in advance guys.

Being a replica, if you like what you see, then go for it. I might give Signature Flags a call though. They were the company to letter these jerseys back in this time period (they also still produce the stat/division/cup banners). I have a friend that recently used them and recommends them. Their pricing is probably a tad better than HOH. For current day jerseys, I'd go with HOH locally, but for these I'd probably go with SF.

Here are a few gamer pics to compare...some noticeable differences:

9192trottierrb.jpg

9192stevensrb.jpg

Being a replica, if you like what you see, then go for it. I might give Signature Flags a call though. They were the company to letter these jerseys back in this time period (they also still produce the stat/division/cup banners). I have a friend that recently used them and recommends them. Their pricing is probably a tad better than HOH. For current day jerseys, I'd go with HOH locally, but for these I'd probably go with SF.

Here are a few gamer pics to compare...some noticeable differences:

Is this the company you were referring to, blurryhaze312?

http://signatureflags.net/

If they're the ones that lettered the original jerseys, then I'll definitely contact them because I would prefer it to be done right.