2014 winter classic

iceman91

When can we start tailgating for this game? How does it work at that arena?

Just show up whenever you please. If you saw their football team this year you'd know they can't stop anyone with a pulse there.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my JVR kit back from SLC. For anyone else that is going to get a kit from them, make sure you ask for a EDGE nameplate. Mine is twill but I never asked specifically for EDGE. Not too happy about it and I'm deciding if I want to complain.

Can't complain about something you didn't ask for. Did the back numbers have the fancy stitching design in them?

If it's not correct, and they said you were getting an authentic kit, then I'd complain. They owe you a new nameplate. But if they didn't say authentic, there's nothing you can do.

Adrian didn't recognize edge nameplates as edge nameplates. He used to give me blue airknit nameplates even if I asked for edge. I had to specify it as "blue serged airknit namebars that leafs use on-ice". If you don't say the magic words, it's hard to get him to send you a new nameplate all stitched up. Took me another month to get my lupul corrected. Good luck.

On a side note, I just dropped off a couple leafs jerseys last Friday, but they won't get done til the end of Jan bc they just finished up the we'd, now are working on the alumni's, and have a pile of retail/jb's to do.

On another side note, the wc numbers are done by hand tracing the pattern onto the felt numbers with a stencil, and then stitched manually. I saw a pile of stencils and it sure looks like a ton of work.

For those in Toronto, Sportchek Eaton Centre has a whole bunch of WC jerseys in size 54 for $280 ($350 reg 20% off).

For those in Toronto, Sportchek Eaton Centre has a whole bunch of WC jerseys in size 54 for $280 ($350 reg 20% off).

Frozen pond is still cheaper at $269 + tax. Hopefully some of the other Sportchek's will have some because eventually they will put them on clearance for cheap.

Was down at Comerica today before I went to the game. The rink over there looks real sharp and they converted The D Shop into a Winter Classic gear outpost. Tons of jerseys and gear up there. I only bought a hat because they didn't have anything but replicas and we were going straight to the Joe from there and didn't want to stop by the car on the way over.

Looking at pics on Twitter this is what the Leafs alumni will in fact be wearing;

2-vi.jpg

On the back there is the 00-04 era ccm patch on the neck area and reebok 6100 era nhl shield on the bottom hem.

So we get early 90s patch with early 2000s jersey with late 2000s shield.

Makes perfect sense. :huh:

On the back there is the 00-04 era ccm patch on the neck area and reebok 6100 era nhl shield on the bottom hem.

Same with the Wings:

s2gyls.png

Looks like the Wings Alumni are wearing the old white Winter Classic jersey in a CCM cut and tagged with CCM at the neck. It's just for Game 1.

334kh01.png

2mer0qb.png

So we get early 90s patch with early 2000s jersey with late 2000s shield.

Makes perfect sense. :huh:

Correction. Early 90's jersey, early 2000s patch, late 2000s shield

Correction. Early 90's jersey, early 2000s patch, late 2000s shield

I misunderstood...I thought his photo was the actual jersey, not one from his collection...in a weird confused state, I thought they were wearing NHL 75th Anniv. patches...

So the Wings Alum in Game 1 are wearing the white olde English D jersey and the ones in the 2nd game are wearing the new red version?

Not near a tv right now so just curious

Correct!

Seriously, why do they have to do this stuff while people with jobs are at work. Thank god there are DVR's these days

Luckily for me, it's 20:52 here and the next game is about to start. :D

I have to say, watching a bit of both alumni games today, I love both of the Detroit versions, and the Toronto jerseys (although I think they should have had two versions as well).

I also find it awesome how they went with CCM 6100 cuts all around, even the previous Detroit WC. If JerseyBaron stocked these, there are a RIDICULOUS amount of amazing players you could go with!