Kings using nameplates in preseason?

thefizzle656

I was at the first Kings-Ducks game of the year in Anaheim and was watching the game at Staples the other night and noticed that the Kings are using nameplates. Have they always done that during the preseason or is that something new that we might see when the regular season starts? I personally prefer the individually stitched letters much more.

They've used nameplates before in the preseason. I doubt this will continue after the regular season starts.

Hey, you made it to So.Cal- welcome!

I think a lot of teams use cost/time saving methods like that for the pre-season. For years the Rangers have used nameplates with screened names on them for pre-season jerseys, even when the Rangers didn't have nameplates on their gamers.

They've used nameplates before in the preseason. I doubt this will continue after the regular season starts.

Hey, you made it to So.Cal- welcome!

Thanks! I really love it out here, and am so excited that this year I'll be able watch all of the Kings games on cable this year without having to pay for Center Ice and attend some games as well (already got tickets for Legends Night on October 27).

I figured that they had the jerseys done with nameplates for the preseason to save time/money etc I had just never seen it before so it surprised me. It would be a real pain to have to strip all the jerseys of the guys that didn't make the team this year if the letters were individually stitched on.

I was at the first Kings-Ducks game of the year in Anaheim and was watching the game at Staples the other night and noticed that the Kings are using nameplates. Have they always done that during the preseason or is that something new that we might see when the regular season starts? I personally prefer the individually stitched letters much more.

The Kings rotate the pre-season jerseys from year to year; one set of home and away. After the pre-season, they are locked away and then taken back out the following pre-season, stripped and re-sewn if necessary.