It arrived today v. 7.0.0.0.0.0.0.1

Brilliant!

Well. When the Flyers envisioned "The Next One" they had no idea they were talking about concussions :)

• Replies 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, too true. Or the whole Bonnie & Carl saga as well. Never a good idea to have Mom & Dad as your agents.

Also key to remember is that Ed Snider wanted a marquee name to help get the funding he needed to build the new building, which was still not a 100% finalized in the summer of '92. Landing Lindros helped finalize that deal too and hence the Core States/First Union/Wachovia/Wells Fargo Center was then born.

Forsberg, the unproven commodity at the time, turned out to be the key to the deal, as Ricci, while a strong 2-way forward and great role-player/locker room guy, never turned out to the be the superstar that the Flyers hoped he might be when they took him #4 in the 1990 Draft. And to think, they could have drafted Jagr instead of letting him go at #5 to Pittsburgh!

Got this back from Mike today. After the 2013 ASG was cancelled I was stuck with a 2013 ASG patch that was never going to be used on the ice in an NHL game. So I decided since it was only used on the 2012 Draft Day jerseys I would have one made up.

2012%2520Draft%2520Day%2520Jersey%2520Fr

2012%2520Draft%2520Day%2520Jersey%2520Ba

2012%2520Draft%2520Day%2520Jersey%25202.

2012%2520Draft%2520Day%2520Jersey%2520Pa

Ryan%252BMurray%252B2012%252BNHL%252BEnt

Edited by bluejacket

Great idea to salvage the jersey like that and impressive work by Mike to make it come together, grats.

That really was a fun project. It's different from all the typical stuff I usually end up doing. I was very pleased with how it came out too. Serging the EDGE material to the Velcro was a challenge but I made it happen after a few tries.

Very cool Draft Day jersey!

I wonder how crazy teams go with draft day jerseys. Lets say you have the 6th pick, its a totally loaded draft. Do you make them up for your top 6 picks?

What if you pick 30th? Just don't bother?

But anyway, I never saw anyone make a draft day jersey like that before, very cool. I have thought about getting a Nordiques jersey and making a Lindros draft day jersey, just to be ironic, but I never have.

I don't think lindros even put a nords jersey on. You could get a draft day suit?

He crumpled it up, shook hands, and walked off. Always a hater.

I don't think lindros even put a nords jersey on. You could get a draft day suit?

He never put it on. But it was there. That's why I said I'd do it just to be ironic. Third picture down, #1 jersey as in #1 pick.

Also further down is a picture of his team issued #88 for his would-be rookie season.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/06/1990-91-oshawa-generals-eric-lindros.html

Kind of a jerk move but he had made it known that he wouldn't sign with them. They probably could have gotten a crapload of stuff by trading the pick, but they elected to do it the other way.

I think it ultimately worked out for them.

I remember running into Lindros quite a few times when I was younger. I would be waiting in line to get into bars, and the guy who wasn't even of legal age to drink would just go up to the bouncer and they'd let him in. By all accounts, he was one arrogant SOB.

He never put it on. But it was there. That's why I said I'd do it just to be ironic. Third picture down, #1 jersey as in #1 pick.

Also further down is a picture of his team issued #88 for his would-be rookie season.

http://thirdstringgoalie.blogspot.com/2010/06/1990-91-oshawa-generals-eric-lindros.html

Kind of a jerk move but he had made it known that he wouldn't sign with them. They probably could have gotten a crapload of stuff by trading the pick, but they elected to do it the other way.

I think it ultimately worked out for them.

Here is my draft day jersey

th_Lindros-1991-Draft-F_zps0f8069c3.jpg th_Lindros-1991-Draft-B_zpsc4a768ec.jpg

I had the pleasure of meeting Eric in Woodbridge while he was at a wedding

He was quite nice to talk to and he signed the rookie card I had of his in my wallet

I wonder how crazy teams go with draft day jerseys. Lets say you have the 6th pick, its a totally loaded draft. Do you make them up for your top 6 picks?

What if you pick 30th? Just don't bother?

But anyway, I never saw anyone make a draft day jersey like that before, very cool. I have thought about getting a Nordiques jersey and making a Lindros draft day jersey, just to be ironic, but I never have.

This is exactly why teams use the velcro. It's pretty easy to number one jersey with the draft year and make up 10 nameplates with velcro backs that you can just throw on the jersey depending on who you get.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eric in Woodbridge while he was at a wedding

He was quite nice to talk to and he signed the rookie card I had of his in my wallet

Did you know he was going to be there or do you really carry a Lindros rookie card in your wallet at all times?

Did you know he was going to be there or do you really carry a Lindros rookie card in your wallet at all times?

If I know Frank as well as I think I do then yes, he carries it with him at all times.

Speaking of the Lindros trade, here's an insane thread on the Hockey's Future boards mapping out the impact of the Lindros trade across the league in a "six degrees of separation" style: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1644263

Dang! Read that...he should be in the HOF for that write up alone.

Just arrived from JerseyBaron.... My first Goalie jersey.

100_5029.jpg

http://s21.postimg.org/pc0xabw06/100_5029.jpg

100_5030.jpg

http://s10.postimg.org/gaxets8jc/100_5030.jpg

Let's hope I'll be adding a Stanley Cup patch to it soon! Plus I also have a blank Habs home jersey I'll get customized and post pics of eventually.

GOHABSGO!

Interesting that it is a retail goalie cut...

Maybe DSL can chime in here but my thinking is that if you meet reeboks minimum they will make you any jersey including goalie cuts.

Taking this a but further, a reebok distributor could get stadium series authentics too - if they meet the minimum.

Huh?

No sorry don't misunderstand me. It isn't a Goalie Cut. It's a size 56. I'm a fat ###### but a goalie cut would be way to big for me.... 58+ is also getting too big, though I do like the comfort.

This is my first time having a jersey of ANY goalie. So I'm happy about it. I should have been more clear I guess.

I've also spoken to JerseyBaron, and he says size 58 (and goalie cut I assume also) are for teams only. He does not get those sizes. I assume he could work something out with Reebok and get some of those sizes, but it probably isn't worth it in the long run.

A 56 works great for me, but I wish there was a bit of extra room.

----

I also have picked these up :-)

100_5032.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/hzdyv8e97/100_5032.jpg

Edited by StayFrosty