Getty images question

Xspoilerx

Nice man, well as long as there is something on the jersey you should be good. I seriously cant wait to get those jerseys from my photo but if theyd ever get up for sale. Frankly the 16x20 was much bigger than I expected but it really pops, especially in a frame. Def a good choice.

I had the 11x16 selected and was thinking about it and had a tape measure out trying to imagine the size and just decided to go to the next size. There are a couple marks on the front of the jersey that are kinda faint I'm hoping to be able to see.

Is it that Phoenix and Anaheim not selling their gamers yet? That's crazy if they haven't put them up for sale yet

I was surprised to see that it was shipped out today and I should have it Saturday

I got the picture in today and it is big but its awesome. I did find a couple small things that match to the jersey. It's all small stuff but its there. There is a small pull in the gray on the collar on his left shoulder and there is a loose thread on top of the A that match, there is another spot on the other side of the A where the burgundy meets the white on the piping

I will definitely be getting others ones done up, now I have to figure a good way to display it with the jersey

post-5954-0-82346200-1378843034_thumb.jp

post-5954-0-20087200-1378843052_thumb.jp

post-5954-0-23396100-1378843066_thumb.jp

Oh nice man, that rules. That is a great shot of him too. Im gonna get some frames from one of the craft stores once theyre on sale. Would be cool to just have nice framed shots of many of the jerseys up.

• 2 months later...

I had no idea that PhotoFile would put any photo on their site until I saw this thread. Emailed them on Monday about adding a MacKinnon picture. In the picture MacKinnon is wearing the gamer that I have preordered and has the stick that is currently being auctioned for Hockey Fights Cancer that I hope to win. Within 10 minutes they got back to me and added it to the site. I got it in the mail today. The photo is a 16x20 but I wasn't able to scan the entire image because my scanner only is 11x17 but i'm blown away by the clarity. I can see every little detail.

33230ag.jpg

I had no idea that PhotoFile would put any photo on their site until I saw this thread. Emailed them on Monday about adding a MacKinnon picture. In the picture MacKinnon is wearing the gamer that I have preordered and has the stick that is currently being auctioned for Hockey Fights Cancer that I hope to win. Within 10 minutes they got back to me and added it to the site. I got it in the mail today. The photo is a 16x20 but I wasn't able to scan the entire image because my scanner only is 11x17 but i'm blown away by the clarity. I can see every little detail.

This is awesome. I need to do this with a few of my gamers. Do you just email them with a link to the Getty images photo you want? How does the process work? How much was the picture?

They still won't do photos by contributing photographers (of which there are a LOT), right? It seems that a lot of the photos I would like are by contributors, which is unfortunate for me.

This is awesome. I need to do this with a few of my gamers. Do you just email them with a link to the Getty images photo you want? How does the process work? How much was the picture?

Yup. Just email them with the Getty image number. 8x10's are $9.99, 11x14 are $16.75, 16x20's are $25.99, and 20x24 are $43.99.

I'm not sure regarding contributors.

They still won't do photos by contributing photographers (of which there are a LOT), right? It seems that a lot of the photos I would like are by contributors, which is unfortunate for me.

It depends, my Boyd Gordon one was from a contributor. You just have to ask for pretty much every one. Im not sure what the exact rule is but I think they are actice in the NHLPA you have a pretty good shot at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Great shot of MacKinnon that will be awesome to have the jersey and the stick together and the 16x20 photo which really stands out

• 6 months later...

Any one order from ap photo before. Photo file can't order from them and I see you can buy prints from them but don't see how much

Any one order from ap photo before. Photo file can't order from them and I see you can buy prints from them but don't see how much

Usually you'll get crazy quotes from sites like that, in the range of a few hundred to a grand or so. Your mileage may vary though.

That's what I was afraid of. I sent them an email so I will see. I found a really good photo match the pic has no water mark so if it's too much I know someone with a large printer and I will have them try it to see how it turns out