CCM on the back was the best

tomtucker

I think back when the CCM logo was embroded down low on the authentic jerseys along with the NHL shield , was the greatest ever!

It was big and beautiful, and the colour mached the team colours, remember: on the Rangers jersey the ccm logo was: red C, red C blue M, on Chicago it was black, black red, and on some, all three letters where the same. It was awesome, now they just have the same Reebok logo on the neck!......What do you guys think? B)

oh yes, the jerseys of the 90's. The older CCM jerseys fit smaller than the ones that came out after 2000. IMO the old CCM Mesh jerseys were the best. The Rangers was the last team to use them before switching to Starter Mesh. Well that´s what I call a real hockey jersey... mesh rules...

oh yes, the jerseys of the 90's. The older CCM jerseys fit smaller than the ones that came out after 2000. IMO the old CCM Mesh jerseys were the best. The Rangers was the last team to use them before switching to Starter Mesh. Well that´s what I call a real hockey jersey... mesh rules...

I remember those, those Rangers jerseys looked good. I've always liked the style of the Rangers jerseys, but I preferred the darker blue. The new ones look lighter to me.

I agree, I miss the logo on the hemline. I've always thought it looked neater there. I never understood the need to put it under the neck.

It's about brand visibility. I assume they did research to find that a person is more likely to spot the logo on the back of the jersey where the name is than in the bottom hem of the back of the jersey.

It's about brand visibility. I assume they did research to find that a person is more likely to spot the logo on the back of the jersey where the name is than in the bottom hem of the back of the jersey.

It makes sense I guess. Especially when you had guys like Gretzky who tucked half of their jersey into the back of their pants.

• 2 years later...

It makes sense I guess. Especially when you had guys like Gretzky who tucked half of their jersey into the back of their pants.

Starter actually had to add a double logo on the bottom of Gretzky's jersey while he was with the Blues due to the "Right side tuck". So if you are looking for an "Authentic" Gretzky Blues jersey, make sure it has TWO sets of logos, one on the right, and one on the left side of the lower back. I've seen so many that only have the right side logo and it's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

But if you are not into 100% Authentic I guess don't worry about it. :D

Starter actually had to add a double logo on the bottom of Gretzky's jersey while he was with the Blues due to the "Right side tuck". So if you are looking for an "Authentic" Gretzky Blues jersey, make sure it has TWO sets of logos, one on the right, and one on the left side of the lower back. I've seen so many that only have the right side logo and it's WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!

But if you are not into 100% Authentic I guess don't worry about it. :D

I don't think Gretzky wore Starter jerseys until he came to the Rangers in 1996-97.

In 1995-96 when Gretzky played with St. Louis, they were still wearing CCM. The only team to wear Starter that season was Colorado (with the boxed S logo). Going by NHLUniforms.com, the Blues didn't switch to Starter until 1997-98 when they introduced the white alt jersey that would eventually become their home white.

Gretzky did wear the double tagged Starter jersey for the Rangers, but frankly these days if you see one double tagged it's usually a dead give-away it's a fake, atleast on the blue jerseys. I don't think Gretzky wore a double tagged CCM jersey even though I've seen a few of those over the years on eBay.