CCM replacing Reebok on ECHL jerseys this year...

Here is Bakersfield's new white jersey with CCM in place of Reebok on the jersey.

When we get the jerseys in for SF Bulls to letter and number, I'll throw a pic up. I believe they are still using the 6700 series jersey with heavy air knit.

How come they use SP for thirds but CCM for the others? Any idea that the ECHL contracting is for jerseys? Is it a free for all for each team?

ECHL has an exclusive with CCM for the jerseys. They also have the right to turn down any third jersey, in which case, the team can seek another manufacturer to work with. In this case, they chose SP for their thirds.

We've done jerseys for the Alaska Aces in the past when both Reebok and SP had the league deal and said no.

That Bakersfield grey 3rd is really nice.

So here's my dumb question, isn't CCM still a subsidiary of Reebok, what is the difference other than the name on a logo? Is it just a matter of "CCM = traditional cut, air knit jerseys" and "Reebok = Edge jerseys"?

As always Junkyard, thanks for the insight into the business side of things.

Man, I LOVE those Bako jerseys. Might have to drive up for a game and try to buy the third with the giant B. Wish they had laid out photos of each of the jerseys so you can really get a feel for the wings. Either way, I swear, ECHL teams are awesome. They come up with the best, most creative ideas for jerseys.

That Bakersfield grey 3rd is really nice.

So here's my dumb question, isn't CCM still a subsidiary of Reebok, what is the difference other than the name on a logo? Is it just a matter of "CCM = traditional cut, air knit jerseys" and "Reebok = Edge jerseys"?

As always Junkyard, thanks for the insight into the business side of things.

CCM is NOT a subsidiary of Reebok. It is a subsidiary of Adidas AG, just as Reebok is.

Last year, the jerseys we lettered & numbered for the Bulls were Reebok branded 6700s. The only thing changing for this coming season is the change to CCM branding.

CCM is NOT a subsidiary of Reebok. It is a subsidiary of Adidas AG, just as Reebok is.

Last year, the jerseys we lettered & numbered for the Bulls were Reebok branded 6700s. The only thing changing for this coming season is the change to CCM branding.

Thanks for the clarification - CCM is listed as a subsidiary of Reebok on their Wikipedia page, but the source cited is a press release from 2004, before Adidas purchased Reebok in 2005. I think it's a good sign for them to start using CCM again on jerseys, as the Reebok brand is tainted in some people's eyes.

Are there any differences with the 6700s you mention and the old NHL 6100 / AHL 6600 jerseys?

Are there any differences with the 6700s you mention and the old NHL 6100 / AHL 6600 jerseys?

IMHO, the sewing isn't as good.

EDIT: Add to the above, just got all of the mockups of the 2013-14 jerseys from the Bulls and the CCM logo is center chest and below collar. Not sure if they are direct embroidery or heat applied embroidered twill. My guess is the latter.

Jerseys are to arrive to us in two weeks. Will keep all posted.

I used to have to go up there monthly for work. I know exactly how it is. That said, I scored on the glass tickets to the ECHL all-star game when they hosted it for something like $35. AND I got to get my picture taken with the Stanley Cup (multiple times). Plus they have some great Mexican food up there.

Bakersfield is the Alabama of California. You don't want to be anywhere near there unless you have to.

• 1 month later...