hope this MLB fad don´t spread to the NHL

tomtucker

just noticed a stupid new fad in MLB , when a player wins a game with a walkoff, the other players wait at homeplate and rips his jersey to shreds.. :blink: ...some of these jerseys cost as much as NHL jerseys and as a sportjersey fan this pisses me off....................imagine if they did they same when a NHL player scores in overtime ! :P ...............anyone else who have seen this crap at the end of a game ?

WTF. Stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Then again... baseball has some of the stupidest traditions. Like celebrating with champagne when you make the playoffs... then win a round... then win another round. Most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Somebody call Webster's and have them update their deifiniton of stupid.

That was the most baseball I've ever watched since I was 6 and realized baseball sucks to begin with.

First off that was a 5:11 video that could have and should have been :45 long. And even at :45 it would have been painfully long.

Second that's the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time.

Thirdly why did the person who posted that to YouTube record the game on a handheld recorder pointed at their tv? Never heard of a DVR?

I can't see this happening in hockey for the main reason that all the players wear gloves and it would be hard to get a solid grip on a jersey, especially since edge jerseys fit tighter to begin with.

I can see this happening in basketball. I wouldn't want a basketball player tearing my shirt off, especially Kobe. :P

That must be a California thing. Here is Detroit if you try to steal the shirt off of someones back you better have a gun or you're going to get shot yourself.

I can't see this happening in hockey for the main reason that all the players wear gloves and it would be hard to get a solid grip on a jersey, especially since edge jerseys fit tighter to begin with.

I can see this happening in basketball. I wouldn't want a basketball player tearing my shirt off, especially Kobe. :P

#rapejokes

I didn't watch the game last night because the Yankees give me indigestion, but that's the dumbest goddam thing I've seen in a long time. I umpire baseball, and I hope to hell this doesn't catch on because all the high school kids will be doing it and it'll only delay me from getting the hell off the field :(

3 nights in a row :blink: ................i have several of those Texas jerseys.........cost more then $300 a piece <_<

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_29_anamlb_texmlb_1&mode=video

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2013_07_30_anamlb_texmlb_1&mode=video

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=29318115&topic_id=28898650&c_id=mlb

last video has a few more examples if you let it play

The player who hit the walk off in both the Dodgers game last night and the Red Sox game tonight had his jersey ripped off in addition to the Beltre mention above. This is definitely a hot fad in MLB.

The first instance I can really remember of this was Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. David Freese had his jersey torn apart after a walk off homer and it was certainly not a common occurrence then. A season and a half later and this seems as if it's the norm now.

The remains of Freese's jersey, by the way, are in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame. I took this photo back in 2011 of what remains:

vBjMA4r.png

The player who hit the walk off in both the Dodgers game last night and the Red Sox game tonight had his jersey ripped off in addition to the Beltre mention above. This is definitely a hot fad in MLB.

The first instance I can really remember of this was Game 6 of the 2011 World Series. David Freese had his jersey torn apart after a walk off homer and it was certainly not a common occurrence then. A season and a half later and this seems as if it's the norm now.

The remains of Freese's jersey, by the way, are in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame. I took this photo back in 2011 of what remains:

thanks for the picture.........man that is sad to look at ! ........would most people who visit the hall of fame not prefer to look at full jerseys ? .......and what if a player wants to keep his jersey as a memory of the time he hit his first walkoff !?

I wonder what Steiner would charge for a ripped off Yankee jersey button.

this made me wonder if the Yankees also do this........i know no facial hair is allowed, right ? and they are very strict when it comes to their uniform..........i belive they are the only team that does not use the "coolbase" jerseys and still use the old thicker jerseys........and there is no Majestic logo on the sleeve or their jerseys as well !.........i wonder if they are allowed to do this new destroy jersey crap ?

I mean, I dunno what you consider destroying. I don't know about ripping it to pieces, but they dumped a whole tub of yellow gatorade on Soriano after his walkoff earlier this week.

just noticed a stupid new fad in MLB , when a player wins a game with a walkoff, the other players wait at homeplate and rips his jersey to shreds.. :blink: ...some of these jerseys cost as much as NHL jerseys and as a sportjersey fan this pisses me off....................imagine if they did they same when a NHL player scores in overtime ! :P ...............anyone else who have seen this crap at the end of a game ?

Problem #1 = Full front button jersey

Problem #2 = The doubleknit poly material now being used on MLB jerseys is thinner than what used to be used, which most of you know as UltraFil (i.e. doubleknit poly)

In hockey, had EDGE 1.0 stuck around, you'd see a TON of torn jerseys, and not just from fights. One of the reasons 2.0 was created was because of the tough guys, as the heavy airknit doesn't tear the way EDGE does.

I mean, I dunno what you consider destroying. I don't know about ripping it to pieces, but they dumped a whole tub of yellow gatorade on Soriano after his walkoff earlier this week.

thanks.......that makes me think the yankees don´t do it ..........nice

Win or lose, always expect class from the Yankees.