What's the deal with Winter Classic premier jerseys?

hockeyjerseyssuck

I have a Winter Classic premier, it's the Washington Capitals, white, 2011 jersey. I got it from a reputable seller, and it is a premier, so I'm not worried about it being fake. I'm just trying to learn about these jerseys, and why they might be different.

The big thing, is that the front logo and the stars along the side are stitched to the jersey, which surprised me. The shoulder patch is heat pressed.

It has the old Reebok symbol on the back, which is attached to the neck that seems to have almost two layers. What I mean is, the back of the neck/shoulders has one layer on the back and then another on the neck. The rest of the jersey is one layer of material last time I checked.

It has the black size tag like most premiers, along with the front size tag on the front bottom of the jerseys, but the Reebok neck tag appears to be stitched from both sides, as opposed to the corners. Made in Indonesia, lettered size.

It also might just be in my head, but the jersey feels extremely light and breathable, dare I say, almost like mesh. It also seems to fit bigger than newer Premiers I have, or it might just be the arms which seem baggier. Again, might just be in my head.

As I said, I got the jersey from a reputable seller, and I don't think it's fake. I'm just curious to know about if or why the Winter Classic Premiers are made differently. Are all Winter Classics that are made like this?

I can say that the Rangers' WC replica was modeled more like the old CCM 550, with a square shape and not the usual EDGE template. The stripes on it are sublimated as opposed to being individual pieces of material. I feel like it's a better quality replica as compared to the regular EDGE priemiers.

I've seen a majority of the replica WC jerseys in both Premier, and CCM 550 models, except for the Caps and the first Flyers, which I have not seen as 550's. I have only seen the Rangers, Bruins, and most recent Flyers jerseys as CCM 550's only, not as Premiers.

Premiers are just terrible.

I've seen a majority of the replica WC jerseys in both Premier, and CCM 550 models, except for the Caps and the first Flyers, which I have not seen as 550's. I have only seen the Rangers, Bruins, and most recent Flyers jerseys as CCM 550's only, not as Premiers.

Premiers are just terrible.

Pretty sure the replicas for the first Flyers WC were all the 550 cut as well.

Pretty sure the replicas for the first Flyers WC were all the 550 cut as well.

Ironically, I just found one on eBay.

I only have authentics, but can tell you my size 52 Capitals is a bit wider and maybe 3 inches longer than other Edge 1.0s I have