How noticeable is the difference between Air Knit and Edge nameplates?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i cant wait to get my hands on a true authentic. And not some Indonesian made one i could get any time from a store by me.

What player are you going to have done for your jersey? I called them 1 hr ago and they said the exact same thing to me except the dude (I think his name was Joey) hesitated a bit when I asked about the edge plate. "Yeah, we COULD do that if you want.. I believe we might have some plates laying around..."

He told me turn around time is 3 weeks.

Please PM or DM me when you get your blank from RCS.

Edited by DHD28

Stretch mesh is just another name for the edge nameplate i assume? And airknit is the other option? Ive confused myself with the different nameplate options. LAK, from your pic of the jersey earlier in this thread, wouldnt an airknit (not edge?) nameplate match the rest of the jersey better?

Nope. For a Hawks, the nameplate goes right on top of the jersey's back panel, which is mesh. So an Edge nameplate will be the exact same material as the back panel and will blend perfectly.

I stole the photo below from JB's listing. You can see that the nameplate is made of Edge mesh, and that it's the same material as the back of the jersey, so the nameplate blends nicely with the material underneath and surrounding it. If you were to use an airknit nameplate, the material would look like the stuff in the upper part of the jersey (shoulder area), and so it would not match the underlying material. Supposedly the Hawks do sometimes use airknit plates, so for you to do so wouldn't be inaccurate. But esthetically, I much prefer the Edge mesh and if it were my jersey I would choose the mesh hands down. But you do actually have a choice here.

image_zpsa474c147.jpg

Gotcha, i understand now.

Just called csl again and this guy (different than before) said they do only airknit. So i called tts and he said he has an edge plate he can use.

I doubt their customization isnt perfect considering they did the hawks stuff for years right?

its $60 both places and both say 2-3 weeks turnaround.

Edited by scarchelli

Had CSL do up my Hawks WC jersey which they got back to me in about 2 weeks. The name plate is air-knit, not edge material which does look funky as it doesn't match, but that's how the gamers are so that's how my jersey should be customized.

Had CSL do up my Hawks WC jersey which they got back to me in about 2 weeks. The name plate is air-knit, not edge material which does look funky as it doesn't match, but that's how the gamers are so that's how my jersey should be customized.

e4B60q7.jpg

Edge nameplate on the game jerseys not air-knit. You saw the picture and posted after it was posted in the winter classic thread so why are you saying the Hawks used air-knit when clearly they didn't.

Haha i was about to post the same pic.

I definitely am going to get an edge plate when I get mine done. It makes it look better, IMO. (Going off that pic and the one from JBs listing which LAK posted.)

That name plate doesn't appear to be the same material as the back of the jersey. Could just be the angle, but to me it doesn't look the same.

Edge nameplate on the game jerseys not air-knit. You saw the picture and posted after it was posted in the winter classic thread so why are you saying the Hawks used air-knit when clearly they didn't.

That's definitely an Edge mesh nameplate in the Hawks pic. Looks just like the back jersey material to me.

That name plate doesn't appear to be the same material as the back of the jersey. Could just be the angle, but to me it doesn't look the same.

Whatever makes you feel better boss.

I called csl again to tell them im gonna bring by my jersey in the morning (it arrived today) and the guy i talked to was pretty rude and had no idea about stretch mesh plates, despite a guy from csl emailing me confirming they had a stretch mesh plate for me to use. So i called tts and the guy there said they can absolutely do stretch mesh for me and he was much more friendly. So tts it is tomorrow morning. 2 week turnaround time, i was told.