Many of us sell on Ebay but is it worth it anymore?

classichockeyjerseys

Hey guys,

I know many to most of here buy and sell on Ebay. Some of us run auctions and some do Fixed Price.Is it better to run Auctions or Fixed Price?or do you guys do a combination of both?

Do you guys even prefer Ebay now because they are more buyer "friendly" than seller?

I basically use it as a low cost marketing tool. In most cases I'm hoping to do the deal off of eBay to save on fees (although the fees are about 10% and then 3-4% for PayPal).

I hate how much they never stand up for the sellers though.

I agree about how eBay is now anti seller. It's also ridiculous how its like almost 15% fees (remember those days when it was 4-6%) and I would prefer doing deals without using it if I can. As for using auction or fixed, it depends on how much you are wanting to sell items. Generally things I don't have a rush in moving I use fixed everything else auction.

When I sell on Ebay I always use buy it now with best offer option. This gives you a ton of options on how you want to sell your jersey. Someone hits the buy it now, great, I got more then I was expecting for the jersey. Best offers give me the option of accepting, countering, or offering the jersey off Ebay for the offer price.

Everybody complains about the fees but you have to work those into how much you will sell your jersey for because Ebay is where your jersey will be seen by the most people and have the best chance of selling.

for as horrible as ebay is,it's the best available option out there

eBay has become a show place for jerseys sellers. It's not really a selling tool anymore.

I see jerseys that have been isted 15-20 times always for the same price that never sell. Sellers seem afraid or unwilling to work outside of eBay. The casual jersey seller doesn't know or care about the various jersey boards, forums, Facebook sites, etc that could save them loads of money in fees and at the same time lower the sale price to something more in-line with what a buyer would be willing to pay.

I have bought one jersey off eBay in over a year and unless I get a true steal don't see it happening anytime soon.

On the flipside to that vaild point, you have the flippers (I think we have the general idea of who they are) who ask for ridiculous amounts for their stuff who are unwilling to budge on their asking prices and are unwilling to work with you. On an unrelated eBay note, I don't understand when people get into bidding wars with days left in an auction (it's not like its going anywhere).

The buy it now with best offer option option TMLFAN mentioned is a good option. As a buyer, I was lucky enough to make an offer, then I used my brain, searched the username in the forum, and concluded the transaction with PM's, avoiding eBay and PP fees for the seller.

It's handy to search for what your looking for, but most of the time the prices are too high.

I just use the "saved searches" function and save time.

I'd give it a "it's sometimes worth it".

S

The buy it now with best offer option option TMLFAN mentioned is a good option. As a buyer, I was lucky enough to make an offer, then I used my brain, searched the username in the forum, and concluded the transaction with PM's, avoiding eBay and PP fees for the seller.

It's handy to search for what your looking for, but most of the time the prices are too high.

I just use the "saved searches" function and save time.

I'd give it a "it's sometimes worth it".

S

Ditto what Shark just said (seeing as it was I that sold him the jersey haha). I had the jersey listed for about 10% more than my bottom dollar on eBay with the fees, and once he contacted me we were able to transfer those fees into savings for him and my desired price.

I like BIN/Best offer more than auctions because the BIN/BO option forces the buyer to pay their maximum, whereas they can win an auction without having it reach their maximum bid (IE they offer BIN is 300, they offer 250, you accept, vs. they place a maximum bid of 250, and win the jersey for 201 since the next highest bid was 200). That's just how I look at it.

"eBay has been slow. If Obama is elected again, he own eBay. Can you buy eBay? Maybe members of ice jersey bullentin bord buy for penny with $499 shipping! Lol"

-words of wisdom

By JofaGreenPracticeJersey

RIP

That green jofa tool was entertaining to say the least.