There's probably been about 100 of these....

Phil the Thrill

can we talk about his gross feet....... my god

I was thinking the same thing. Clearly, you are dealing with a hobbit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he is selling it, you may have just dodged a huge bullet.

He cannot claim not as described, because you never listed any measurements for the jersey, and even if it was too small for him, it was the same size you had listed.

The "not authentic" thing just sounded like a dig to try and get his money back. Because you didn't include pictures of things like the fight strap, and NHL shield in your listing, he could claim it's not authentic, take pictures of a fake jersey, and use them in the case, and he'd probably win. In the future, I'd try to include high resolution watermarked photos of all the usual indicators (Shield, fight strap, tag).

Him re-listing it has likely saved you, because if he makes a claim you can point to the fact that he relisted it. But there's also a small chance he could claim it is a different jersey, and not the one he sent you, then take close up of a fake jersey's fight strap/nhl shield claiming it is the one you originally sent him.

Good luck.

edit: Just finished the thread....this made my day "tell your friend that emailed me that I hope he gets run over by a dump truck carrying diarrhea, and after he gets run over, the driver pushes the button to dump the payload of diarrhea all over him."

It would have sucked if he tried to pull something. But look on the bright side, we all learned a valuable lesson today and can hold hands and sing songs together.

I LOLed at the dump truck comment haha.

Dear p-kessel81,

Just forget it man....it's my problem that it doesn't fit. I'll give you positive feedback and re-sell it on my own.

Sorry this happened.

Please know that the last thing I would have ever done was try and send back a fake. I actually work for Mitchell and Ness (live 2 miles from the flagship store) and am a collector myself. Sometimes when they don't have something I'm looking for, I'll go to the Chinese Authentic site and buy something from there and sell a few of those when I get tired of them....but I NEVER list them as authentic.

Anyway....tell your friend that emailed me that I hope he gets run over by a dump truck carrying diarrhea, and after he gets run over, the driver pushes the button to dump the payload of diarrhea all over him.

Peace

--Mike

- mm8810

LOL! I can't stop laughing at the dump truck comment. But seriously, this guy is a total toolbox. Not just a tool, but the entire box.

if the guy works for Mitchell & Dress no wonder he thought a 56 should fit like a tent ... glad in the end it all worked out ...

totally unrelated to this whole fiasco, I still think it's ridiculous that Reebok Edge and Nike Swift jerseys are sized so crazy ... what's wrong with a size 52 meaning it's 26" pit to pit (52" around)?

Ask CCM- their size tags were randomly sewn in I think

Ha, "the Chinese Authentic site". and +4 to the gross feet. Yuck.

Seems like he took a pretty good loss reselling the jersey.

Well whoever said he will mail out a fake instead may be right.

Maybe, maybe not.

Though the auction showed there was a bid on it, he has already re-listed it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171082825251?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2661#ht_55wt_1399

I think now it's very obvious that he's shipping out fakes. He's using pictures of a legit jersey and relisting the item immediately after it sells? That's a definite indicator of somebody peddling knockoffs and trying not to get caught.

How stupid can people be by pulling scams like this. If anyone with a half of brain gets a different looking jersey in the mail than the pics can easily file a claim and it's not that hard to explain the differences.

I think now it's very obvious that he's shipping out fakes.

I'm not sure how you could be so sure he's selling fakes of the Giroux. The previous transaction could have just been cancelled for some reason. Until you start seeing feedback from different buyers purchasing the same item, or someone leaving negative feedback for the jersey being fake, I think you're just jumping to conclusions. Until shown otherwise, he may just be selling one legit jersey that turned out to be too small for him, like he said.

He bought it for 165 plus shipping from me and was only able to get 125 for it so he may have cancelled to avoid his loss.

Add in the eBay fees and he would get even less for it