Jersey_baron's customization?

Cesar

No I offered 300.00 on a Flyers WC and he did not even counter he must get them thru a reebok dealer and then inflates the price

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will Jersey Baron budge at all on his prices? He just posted some Rangers Winter Classics, but at $400 blank.

I am still tempted, but that is an awful lot of money for a retail blank, considering that I have a Game Issued already.

If you message him, Im sure he would listen, especially if you tell him that you would be willing to work off ebay (just dont pay by gift)....that would save him 10%.

If you message him, Im sure he would listen, especially if you tell him that you would be willing to work off ebay (just dont pay by gift)....that would save him 10%.

Is he not trustworthy to pay by gift?

Is he not trustworthy to pay by gift?

He probably is, but why risk it?

Ive never dealt with him, but he does have a lot of positive ebay feedback

I have dealt with him off of ebay, for a blank Hawks 2.0 he cut the price $50. I had no issues with him and think he is very trustworthy. I have also bought a 2010 Hawks 2.0 and he did acceept an offer for about $50 less than his listing. I have not done customized jerseys from him though, I prefer to get blanks and get them done up at one of the Chicago places.

• 1 year later...

I bought one of his 20th anni Ducks jerseys and it was perfect. He was negotiable on the price and he was very easy to communicate with and answered as many questions as I could shoot his way. Spoke with him on the phone as well when the process started. I just ordered a Pens 3rd from him.

I have dealt with him off of ebay, for a blank Hawks 2.0 he cut the price $50. I had no issues with him and think he is very trustworthy. I have also bought a 2010 Hawks 2.0 and he did acceept an offer for about $50 less than his listing. I have not done customized jerseys from him though, I prefer to get blanks and get them done up at one of the Chicago places.

• 3 weeks later...

Baron's lettering on Rangers and Avs jerseys is not accurate at all.. Just my 2c.

I've bought a few Hawks jerseys from JB, but only one customized. While the quality of the job is there, the number font is incorrect. Not horrible, but noticeable. The inside of numbers like 9 or 8 on JB's customization are square when they should be slightly rectangular.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Toews away jersey from JB. I think it's pretty darn close to being accurate and I looked at various pics of Toews in game to compare the JB job and on ice product. I'm likely going to use him to do the winter classic jersey I;m ordering but wanted to confirm the materials for name and number. However, I'm a jersey rookie, so your best bet would be to go to the Hawks N and N peeps.

Well, it's as mdwsta said, JB's font isn't quite right for Hawks jerseys, but it's pretty darn close. The most noticeable difference (in my opinion) on the Toews jersey between JB's and the on ice one is that the middle arm of the E is actually a bit shorter on the actual on ice one compared to the E on JB's jerseys. I'm not exactly sure about the 8's not being rectangular, though. I got my Hossa jersey customized from JB as well, and the insides of the 8 looked a bit rectangular to me.

Thinking about ordering a Rangers Stadium Series from the baron. His customization looks pretty close to what the Rangers used to my eye. Is there any glaring differences I'm over looking?

Which customized jerseys, besides TML, are also accurate from JB? Or should I compare game-worns with his pics?

Did it with a Toffoli jersey, that was an obvious one. Not accurate.

Which customized jerseys, besides TML, are also accurate from JB? Or should I compare game-worns with his pics?

Did it with a Toffoli jersey, that was an obvious one. Not accurate.

Other than TML none will be perfect. Like said a million and one times already on this site you have to go to the team source if your looking for perfection.

And, to add to that, most customizers seem to charge about the same price anyway, give or take a couple of bucks. At least as far as I have seen.

I'm a Devils fan, I had been using Triple Threat Sports before discovering that EPS, who does the Devils on-ice jerseys, charges the same amount, uses better materials (EDGE nameplates), and takes about the same amount of time. And they are both in Illinois so I have to ship it to them either way. And EPS offers an easy to use online order form as well. I personally feel EPS does better quality work (or at least more consistent work).

That being the case, why would I not use the "authentic" customizer?

I will add, however, that I mostly only collect Devils stuff, and have sent non-Devils stuff to EPS when I feel like "close enough" is good enough for me. But that's a personal decision, if 100% accuracy is what you seek, don't send it to anyone other than the people who do the thing you are trying to be 100% accurate to.

Edited by mfitz804

So, being a newb with this stuff, i just want to confirm: im gonna buy a blank 2.0 from ij and send it to eps for customization (toews on my hawks 2.0). Eps has edge nameplate already unlike tts or maybe csl (who does the hawks playere jerseys), that way i dont need to buy my own nameplate. Does this seem right? I know the general consensus is to have the place who do the specific team's jerseys to customize the one you get, but eps has edge nameplate, seems to have good reviews from what ive seen here, and isnt far from me as im like 30 minutes from rockford.

I like EPS and use them quite often, but I am very selective about which jerseys I send to them, because I have learned from my own experience (and that of others who have used EPS and have posted their jerseys in the New Arrivals section) which jerseys they don't do well. I have not had any Hawks Edge jerseys done by EPS, but I have had a couple of 1990's Hawks CCM's done. Their letter font seems noticeably thinner than the game fonts, and there have been minor inaccuracies in the shapes of some numbers (variation in the size of holes and notches). I don't know how accurately they do the Edges, so would anyone here who had an Edge done by EPS care to post pictures? This is just for my edification, so if you don't want me to comment here, just say so. :)

So, being a newb with this stuff, i just want to confirm: im gonna buy a blank 2.0 from ij and send it to eps for customization (toews on my hawks 2.0). Eps has edge nameplate already unlike tts or maybe csl (who does the hawks playere jerseys), that way i dont need to buy my own nameplate. Does this seem right? I know the general consensus is to have the place who do the specific team's jerseys to customize the one you get, but eps has edge nameplate, seems to have good reviews from what ive seen here, and isnt far from me as im like 30 minutes from rockford.

I think the better move us for you to obtain your own EDGE baseplate since people have said they are available. Or, in the alternative, get the kit from CSL if they sell them loose and just send it to EPS to see, as they can provide an EDGE nameplate.

Unless, of course, 100% accuracy isn't that important to you, in which case, it could just be easier to just see it to one place.

One thing I don't understand is how the official lettering houses of different teams could possibly not have EDGE nameplates. I remember discussing this with EPS the first time I used them and they acted like I was ridiculous for asking, of course they have it.

If the team gets a new player, don't they haven't one for him? Do the just not have them for public consumption? Or, as I have heard a few times, do the on-ice jerseys get Airknit instead of EDGE, and if so, does using EDGE potentially make it less accurate?