Jersey_baron's customization?

Cesar

Just ordered a size 50 Toews 2.0 and I'd just like to know if anyone can comment on the quality of his (their?) work. Thanks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On some of the newer stuff he listed (CBJ Gaborik, Minny Gaborik/Parise white), the customization looks horrible. The Toews looks good though. Maybe a Hawks fan can chime in

Just ordered a size 50 Toews 2.0 and I'd just like to know if anyone can comment on the quality of his (their?) work. Thanks.

Can't imagine it's so good that the extra $100 he's charging is justified.

You won't be disappointed in the jersey itself. I just got mine in the mail today from IJ and I couldn't be happier!

Can't comment on the Hawks but the Rangers 6100 jerseys he's just done up are awful. Completely wrong font on the Shanahan and wrong number (24, not 43) on the Callahan. I don't they worry about accuracy and they charge a lot for it too.

Can't comment on the Hawks but the Rangers 6100 jerseys he's just done up are awful. Completely wrong font on the Shanahan and wrong number (24, not 43) on the Callahan. I don't they worry about accuracy and they charge a lot for it too.

You do know that Cally's rookie number was 43?

You do know that Cally's rookie number was 43?

That's what he's saying. Jersey Baron has a 6100 with Cally as #24, but he wore #43 his rookie year the only time he wore a 6100 for the Rangers.

He must had meant 43 not 24 since he did say it was the wrong number

He said Jersey Baron had "wrong number (24, not 43) on the Callahan" meaning he's got #24 on a 6100 jersey, not #43 that it should have been. His statement is correct :thumbsup:

Oh! you were saying what I was saying but in a different way!

(totally obscure Group X reference)

I wasn't sure exactly what he was trying to say, and just wanted to avoid confusion. I couldn't find the auction, so just mentioned it in case.

I contacted them this morning to inquire about the materials and techniques used in customization. I was assured that the nameplate is edge material and the numbers and fonts are the authentic ones obtained from official team suppliers.

I contacted them this morning to inquire about the materials and techniques used in customization. I was assured that the nameplate is edge material and the numbers and fonts are the authentic ones obtained from official team suppliers.

you contacted jersey baron ?

Just a heads up but compare pics of the customized jerseys jerseybaron has listed on Ebay to gamers and make sure everything looks the same. Just because his kits come from a "team supplier", whatever that means, doesn't mean it will match what Hawks official customizer will do.

His customization source told me they don't have edge plates. Well I see edge plates of various colours in his listings.

SLC told me they don't have edge plates too but after some negotiating they always end up giving them to me.

He said Jersey Baron had "wrong number (24, not 43) on the Callahan" meaning he's got #24 on a 6100 jersey, not #43 that it should have been. His statement is correct :thumbsup:

Yep, that's exactly what I was saying!

For the avoidance of doubt, here is the offending jersey

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CALLAHAN-NEW-YORK-RANGERS-AUTHENTIC-REEBOK-6100-TEAM-ISSUED-HOCKEY-JERSEY-SZ-58-/290942016321?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item43bd7edb41

Edited by NYR#9

Oh gawd. I just found it, and the name (aside from the wrong number) made me yack!

Wow I just briefly looked at the auction earlier and didn't look close once I saw the number was wrong. That's horrible, it's like the first half is radial and the second half is arched.

rangers_arch.png

For Blackhawks lettering you can use either City Sports Lettering in Oak Forest, IL or Triple Threat Sports in Mokena, IL. City Sports does most of the jerseys for the team. Triple Threat Sports will also do a very good job tho, I am told that the ladder was started by a former City Sports employee. I have sent jerseys to both and they all look great. The stitching is a little wider on the ones from Triple Threat Sports. Its a matter of your preference.

• 2 weeks later...

Will Jersey Baron budge at all on his prices? He just posted some Rangers Winter Classics, but at $400 blank.

I am still tempted, but that is an awful lot of money for a retail blank, considering that I have a Game Issued already.