Flyers Man Cave!!!

dsl135

So my wife and I bought a house back in April

The view from the entrance... my recliner, the bar, and my 2009-10 team signed jersey:

IMG_4264_zpsed7a8569.jpg

The bar, and Flyers retirement banners:

IMG_4266_zps3997a36b.jpg

My grandfather's seats from the old Spectrum, Hall of Fame Flyers lithograph, and the wall-mounted TV (with Budweiser Red Light, of course):

IMG_4267_zpsab32525d.jpg

The view from behind the bar (complete with Labatt Blue hockey glove tap handle for the kegerator)... Also, from left to right, Kimmo Timonen game worn socks, autographed Giroux replica jersey, 2009-10 Game Worn Gagne, 2007-08 Retro Font Game Issued Briere:

IMG_4268_zps8531e200.jpg

This was a complete overhaul. The basement, when we bought the house, was wood paneling, and s***ty paint stained red carpet. It was basically the previous owner's workshop. I immediately knew I'd be doing this. All of the demo was done by me, and then my friends helped with the drywall and wiring (added some extra outlets and cable jacks), paint was done by me (the stripe was a b****!) and my dad and I did the ceiling, which still needs minor touches.

Very proud of this room, and can't wait to watch some games down there next season!

Not even remotely a Flyers fan, but the fact that you have your grandfathers old seats is just a really nice touch!

Thanks for all the nice comments so far guys. It was a lot of work, so its nice to hear the feedback.

Not even remotely a Flyers fan, but the fact that you have your grandfathers old seats is just a really nice touch!

I second that. A great mix, old meets new!

From one Flyers fan to another, great work. Lose the PSU pillow and wall ornament though. Flyers/hockey room only, lol. I just got the goal light myself, haha.

That is amazing. Nice job!

By the way, the only thing that's not hung up in these pictures is Roenick's actual Winter Classic Alumni banner. The hooks I bought aren't holding it, but it hangs behind the bar.

not a fan of the team or the colors, but good job on the striping on the wall. :thumbsup:

also mounting the bud red light was a great touch.

Dan do you have the primeau lithograph the flyers gave out for a holiday gift? It was either 07-08 or 08-09

This is the one I'm talking about. They sold them here on this link after they have them away to sth. I don't have mine I have it to my friend who shared the tickets with me at the time he's a diehard primeau fan.

http://auction.nhl.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=95607172&prmenbr=12717464&aunbr=95953882

Dan do you have the primeau lithograph the flyers gave out for a holiday gift? It was either 07-08 or 08-09

Nah, I don't have that. I wasn't a STH yet. I started in 09-10.

The old Spectrum seats are just way cool! Good work! :thumbsup: