Pretty Rare? '08-09 black Blackhawks 1.0

Mikeykey13

And if he ever leaves the team, you can just pretend it's a tribute jersey to former WWF Champion Kane.

Post of the century.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly rare since they were made for a season, but they can still be found if you look. Most of the current Blackhawks fans have no clue what this jersey is since it was before they came on board. As for customization, I would for sure take it to TTS. I really doubt you'd be able to get black edge nameplate material anymore at City Sports since they Hawks haven't worn jerseys requiring them in a couple seasons and I've heard on this board and from another source that they're now upcharging for edge material if you request it. Air knits not exactly the same but I doubt you'd lose sleep over it being air knit vs edge...plus they're dicks at City Sports.

As far as player, Toews all the way. He's going to more than likely be a career Hawk and the captains C looks sweet on the black jersey.

So, triple threat? I've heard a lot of good things here on the forums about them. How is there pricing and turnaround time?

So, I've been doing some crazy researching. I found that during the 08/09 season in which this jersey is from, that Patrick Kane was for a couple games an alternate captain, jersey foul if i do up the jersey as such with the "A"?

I would go with Versteeg or Burish. Do not see many of those out there.

Yea, still up in the air about the player. Do you guys have anymore thoughts are where to get it lettered? My first thought was City Sports Lettering because they actually do the Hawks jerseys, but then I've heard really good things about Triple Threat Sports. Anymore ideas?

I Have used Triple Threat before but they did not have edge for nameplates, so now I stick with EPS.

So, triple threat? I've heard a lot of good things here on the forums about them. How is there pricing and turnaround time?

I want to say they're $5 cheaper than City Sports if I remember correctly but I could be wrong. TTS generally turns things around in 2-3 weeks or less depending on the time of year. City Sports could be ages if you drop it off when they are working on the Hawks jerseys. Both do fine work, I just don't like the people at City Sports and have gotten nothing but fantastic service with TTS. I always felt like if City Sports made a mistake they would handle it much like EPS does...for what it's worth the owner of TTS started his career at City Sports.

And if you want your own name on the jersey I don't care what anybody says then put it on there. It's your jersey and your money. My only real suggestion is get a number of a player who was on the roster just in case 5 years from now you want to sell the guy..this way you can either change the name plate out or rip your name off and sell it as is!

Oh and Kane never wore the A during the regular season in any jersey if my memory is serving me correct. He did wear it during pre season.

Thanks MountainKing, Yea , I'm going to make it a Kaner. I think I'm going to go with TTS. Lots of good feedback. One of my friends told me to get the jersey framed and put it on the wall. I told he F' that, I'm gonna wear it! Does anyone know if TTS uses any glue in their customization process?

Nah this one is mine brother. But I can tell you were there is one more. Grandstand in Chicago, South Side. I know for a fact they got one more. Website is Grandstandsox.com ask them for the last one. MODS I don't work for this place, just trying to help a fellow member get a jersey that he/or she wants.

I called them this morning and they have a couple 46's (I will be grabbing one of those for my collection later today) and then a few 56s and above. Price is $250 plus tax.

I called them this morning and they have a couple 46's (I will be grabbing one of those for my collection later today) and then a few 56s and above. Price is $250 plus tax.

So they have black alternates in the size 46? I looked at their site, and they seem to have a full range of home and aways listed, but they are not specific about which model they are. I have a feeling they're Indo-Edges.

Yep, I called them this morning and the woman I talked to was very specific that this was the "black alternate of the home jersey with the indian head on it, NOT the throwback/WC looking one". I'm not sure what the home/road ones are, but I can check them out when I'm at the store later and let you know if you'd like!

I guess they have some leftover stuff they don't post on their site. On the home and aways they have listed, the inventory says they have something like 75 units available, and all sizes too, for $250. So I'm guessing they're Indos, although I'm sure the alternate is a 1.0. If they turn out to be 2.0's, let us know and I'm sure there'll be a mad rush for them by all the Hawks fans here!

Will do! There might be a slight chance they are a mix of 1.0s and Indos due to them somehow still having stock of the alternate 1.0s, but either way I will let you guys know what I find.

I called them earlier too. No extra size 50... DARN!... Not gonna drop $250 for a size 46..... Its just not the right size.... ARGH

Besides I haven't paid more that about $175 for an Edge 1.0 in years....

I got the last 46, they have one 56 left and a bunch of the throwback alternate 1.0s in all sizes. The home/roads were indos.

• 1 month later...

So I recently got my jersey back from TTS. And the numbers look good. But there is a 2 inch indentation in one of the numbers in the back. Like creased. I can feel in both inside and outside of the number. How the heck to I get rid of it?