1998 Team USA Olympics jersey

modano1973

Does anyone know if the men's Team USA squad wore the blue USA jersey during game play at the 1998 Olympics?

All the photos i have located online, including GettyImages, show the team only wearing the white jersey on the ice during the 1998 Olympics. I was about to have the blue jersey customized with Modano's name and number but the 1998 Olympic squad may not have worn the blue jersey on the ice.

Photo courtesy of akteon from a previous post.

13zzxhv.png

I dunno if they wore it on the ice, but they sure rocked it with a turtleneck for the official team photos...

$%28KGrHqRHJCQE8+5wrrDGBPZn,Mukvg~~60_35

Ha ha gotta love the turtlenecks they wore for the team photos.

Pity they never wore the blue jerseys on the ice during the 98 Olympics, if it turned out they didn't.

They did NOT wear it on the ice. They wore white in every single game they played during the tournament: Belarus, Canada, Sweden and the Czechs.

I wouldn't say that's enough to warrant NOT doing it up the way you want though. They obviously had them ready to go if they had faced a team who would have worn white. I can pretty much guarantee that there's a blue Modano out there somewhere so you're probably good to do one of your own.

I definitely will have the jersey done up with Modano's name and number. It's a great looking jersey.

They did NOT wear it on the ice. They wore white in every single game they played during the tournament: Belarus, Canada, Sweden and the Czechs.

I never knew that and it's odd. Really odd. You'd think they would have been the designated road team for half their games, and if not, worn the blues at least once.

Even Sweden, who loves to wear their yellow jerseys wears blue at times. On that same note, the Czechs wear red for a large percentage of their games too.