Cheechoo?

It looked bad. But it looks like it could have been worse TSN is reporting that he is day to day with a knee sprain. LINK

It looked bad. But it looks like it could have been worse TSN is reporting that he is day to day with a knee sprain. LINK

I don't think it was intentional but I wasn't surprised by the decision of the on-ice officials. Just a bad result all the way around...

It happened well away from the play. TV just cut to Cheechoo in pain on all fours and took almost a minute to find the replay of the hit. Normally, you'd expect the receiving team in such a situation to take offense to such a hit, but nobody mobbed around Hartnell or anything. I don't believe the hit was deliberate, either, but Hartnell definitely made no attempt to avoid contact. Both players were upright on impact. Cheechoo had trouble putting any weight on the one side of his body. Hartnell got a kneeing major and a game misconduct, but that call was not instant, like it was a reaction to the outcome, not the actual infraction.

I don't think it was intentional but I wasn't surprised by the decision of the on-ice officials. Just a bad result all the way around...

My thoughts exactly that's why Hartnell is not getting a suspension.