Chicago Blackhawks edge 2.0 question

Skid Mark

I don't think the name font is right either, they used a bolder font for the names but that's a bit harder to tell without comparing it directly to some other identical letters.

Edited by MountainKing

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can see, I think that your 2 is actually a little longer than it should be, rather than wider. But I'm kind of a noob at this, so I don't know how much stock you can put in my opinion :P

But here's a picture of a Keith WC jersey done at City Sports for better comparison. I hope Chazberg doesn't mind me borrowing his picture :)

IMG_5668_zps09b83c40.jpg

I don't think the problem with the back 2 is the length. It's that the diagonal cuts on the corners are too long, which makes the top flat part too short. Also the red and white layers are too thin, and the notch in the top half of the 2 (measured from the black layer) is shorter than the notch in the bottom half. They should be the same length. The arm 2's look too wide, and the notches in them should be solid red, with no white hole visible.

I can see that on the arms, height is correct as it is relative to the stripe, funny thing is I bought the kit off triple threat and this was the first one I ever did, proof of concept and ability, it's my personal jersey ha

Mountain king, dude its where I got the kit ha. I live roughly 4 miles from there, they were my main shop but I got tired of the wait associated with sending to anyone and the extra cost so i taught myself and bought kits, initially from triple threat and now stahls untill I am able to begin cutting my own

I don't think tts gets their kits from city sports. I had talked to a guy in there a couple times when I was bored and hanging out in their retail store. We talked about random jerseys and used to talk about how they can do any jersey except one kind because of the angle or waves in the numbers and their cutter can't do that. Definitely sounds like they cut their own and by the fact that mine and the city sports one are different I'd say they cut their own

Jeremy, again...the best thing you could ever do for yourself is go and work for someone who can afford to teach you and cover your mistakes...become an apprentice, learn the trade and then if your still enjoying the job/career make a move to start your own business. Their is more to lettering than just zig-zag stitching. Customer service, attention to detail, long hours for not so much income. What to do when mistakes happen. Insurance. Inventory. Accounting. Shipping. Receiving. Say you did your Keith jersey for someone else. They get it home, proud as heck that they got what they were told is on ice spec. Then they show it off here. Bam..it's wrong. Now what does the guy do? He calls you back and says "it's off". Now you just doubled your work. Profit? Nope. Now you get to fix your mistake! Ever strip a 1.0/2.0 or airknit jersey? These are all things that being an owner gets to deal with. Truman at gamedaysportsarchive butchers his creations, I can tell you pulling his work off jerseys limits what you can put on to cover his crap work. That the kind of thing you want to be known for? I ask you that...

I don't think tts gets their kits from city sports. I had talked to a guy in there a couple times when I was bored and hanging out in their retail store. We talked about random jerseys and used to talk about how they can do any jersey except one kind because of the angle or waves in the numbers and their cutter can't do that. Definitely sounds like they cut their own and by the fact that mine and the city sports one are different I'd say they cut their own

They do indeed cut their own when they need to, but Hawks fonts they get from City Sports. When you do enough business and get to know people you become privy to certain information but I don't know how much the business would actually want out there so I probably should shut up now.

They may get the letters as my kit from stahls had a wrong e so i got a nameplate from them and the e was correct but I think they cut their own numbers