Chicago Blackhawks edge 2.0 question

Skid Mark

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KANE-CHICAGO-BLACKHAWKS-AUTHENTIC-STANLEY-CUP-REEBOK-EDGE-2-0-NHL-JERSEY-60-/300919028512?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item46102bfb20

Are the above jerseys this seller has, the same 2.0 jerseys the players wear? I see it has double elbows and has some airknit, just don't know if its the same as a gamer. If your not 100% don't speculate please, thank you. If this is the same, does this mean the retail authentics will be the same as the players wear for next year?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were some 2.0's available for sale this year for select teams (and only the home jerseys). This is one of those jerseys.

In regards to next season, my distributor is attempting to get more information on 2.0's but at this time it sounds as if only Indo-Edge will be available. It is possible that 2.0's are being made available to Canadian retailers only, though.

I have a Blackhawks team-issued 2.0 and the only difference between it and the retail 2.0s floating around is that there is no reebok tag on the inside of the jersey, only the canadian flag sizing tag.

That seller has the Bruins jerseys too, home only like dsl135 said above. I can get a game worn for the prices he is asking. Does the customization look right on the Blackhawks or Burins he has? I see the layers of the numbers are each sewn to the jersey which isn't good

Are the above jerseys this seller has, the same 2.0 jerseys the players wear? I see it has double elbows and has some airknit, just don't know if its the same as a gamer. If your not 100% don't speculate please, thank you. If this is the same, does this mean the retail authentics will be the same as the players wear for next year?

Just a small difference, but the retail 2.0's don't have the double-layer twill fight strap attachment that is on the team-issued jerseys.

It appears that Reebok will continue to offer Indo-Edges next year, although many of us were hoping they'd get rid of them and go to full-scale production of Canadian 2.0's for retail. It still remains to be seen if Reebok will expand the available line of 2.0's to encompass more teams and more styles (roads and alternates in addition to just home jerseys). Personally I'm not too confident this is going to happen next year.

You can still buy this same jersey from the Ice Jerseys website for $300 or less, then send it out to City Sports Lettering in the Chicago area for the same customization as the Blackhawks use for their jerseys ($75).

Where can you find the jerseys for less than $300? And where can you find a size 50? The cheapest I can find is $300 for a 52.

Where can you find the jerseys for less than $300? And where can you find a size 50? The cheapest I can find is $300 for a 52.

I'd be shocked if you find an Edge 2.0 for less than $300... especially for the team that just won the Cup. If you do, snap it up!

I have a couple of questions:

1.) How good of a job does Ice Jerseys do with customization on Hawks jerseys?

2.) Does anyone know what kind of nameplate Patrick Kane wore during the Finals? Edge or Airknit? I'm going to send my 2.0 off to EPS to have the Finals patch put on and I want to have the proper nameplate put on.

Not 100% sure about the material but I'd send the jersey to Triple Threat Sports in Mokena, Illinois. They've done up both of my jerseys and they both came back fantastic, great people to work with too.

I've been wanting a Blackhawks jersey for awhile now, was just waiting for a deal to come around. I guess that ain't happening anytime soon.

IJ is all sold out now, I checked last night....

I bought a 50 and a 52 several months ago, and found a coupon code on retailmenot for 10% before the playoff started. I will be sending them to City Sports Lettering soon for customization.

Maybe they mean with the lettering included; I hear Edge mesh is pretty expensive.

Maybe they mean with the lettering included; I hear Edge mesh is pretty expensive.

Nope...from what I gather if you request they use Edge material it's an added charge to the customization. Not sure why this stuff is so hard to come by since it's been standard now for 5+ years. You figure Air Knit would be the difficult material to find.

Nope...from what I gather if you request they use Edge material it's an added charge to the customization. Not sure why this stuff is so hard to come by since it's been standard now for 5+ years. You figure Air Knit would be the difficult material to find.

Not really. 2.0's are still predominately airknit

I don't know exactly what Hawks82 meant by "$25 for an Edge nameplate." I would hope that means for the full nameplate, i.e., the letters cut and stitched to a plate of Edge material. If so that sounds reasonable to me. How much would they charge to have an air-knit nameplate made with the letters? $20? If so then the Edge plate would only cost $5 more. If it's $25 EXTRA to use Edge material then that's pretty expensive-sounding.

As far as Edge mesh being "hard to come by," I don't necessarily think that's the case. It's probably just more expensive to produce, so customizers may not want to carry it because they'll have to charge more to recover their cost, and most people, unlike us, probably don't care anyway. It shouldn't be any more or less difficult to come by than air-knit because both of them are currently being used in all Reebok's on-ice jerseys.

That's what I took it as.